First Practice

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
I attended the first practice and here are some observations:
1. The grass field at Rose Bowl is in the best shape I have ever seen.
2. The players look lean and mean; and with about 6-8 100 yard sprints to end practice they had better be. That's right the sprints this year are the length of the field, not the width.
3. I'd say overall that the true freshmen didn't look that far out of place with the returnees. I had expected a lot of blunders, but didn't see many.
4. Too early to make any comments on individual performances, but I will say there is a good chance that a couple walkon players will help us.
Don't know if it will be this year, but at some point.
5. I'll put these out whenever I go to practice, but don't expect any info on formations, plays or anything that might be info for opponents.

This is the second post I have seen mentioning the walk-ons. Are there any big linemen in this bunch? Any DE or DT potential in this bunch? Any offensive backs?

Anyone have details on the walk-ons?

Father Time

Rose Bowl field does not have grass. It has that special turf or at least I know we spent a LOT of money on that and we had it last year.

law_bee - unless it changed in this off season, didn't one of the 2 fields still have grass, and the other the synthetic turf?

Good report. I've ranted on a couple of others about voilating the no practice on the internet rule. I feel that this is a good practice report, because it is informative(I was there too), but it doesn't lend itself to helping our opponants.

Law Bee - I see someone else responded about 2 fields, only one grass. That is the field I was talking about, not the rubber synthetic field.

Back