Fixing Haynes King

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
For once, a decent 247sports.com article on how Haynes King rebuilt his throwing motion and became Tech's starter.

For once, a decent 247sports.com article on how Haynes King rebuilt his throwing motion and became Tech's starter.

Article says an awful lot about how much of a öööö up Jimbo Fisher is.

King is clearly a lefty as he writes lefty. Why his dad taught him to throw righty is interesting. Most dads would have put a baseball in his hands as a lefty and rode off to a college scholarship. I guess being a football coach he knew the bias coaches have against lefty QB’s so pushed him righty. You can definitely tell his motion is memorized rather than natural.

I especially like the "He's only getting started" part.

giphy.gif

King is clearly a lefty as he writes lefty. Why his dad taught him to throw righty is interesting. Most dads would have put a baseball in his hands as a lefty and rode off to a college scholarship. I guess being a football coach he knew the bias coaches have against lefty QB’s so pushed him righty. You can definitely tell his motion is memorized rather than natural.
If this is true to heart his mind is brilliant. To memorize and connect with the body so well.

Not necessarily true. I naturally write right handed, but shoot pool, a rifle or gun, play a guitar, play drums.....left handed. The ONLY way I realized I shot pool left handed when a buddy of mine said "why are you shooting pool left handed?" during a game. I then realized

My best friend growing up batted righty, played the field righty, kicked a ball lefty, played basketball lefty.

I'd bet it is more common than you would think. We had a company outing yesterday and one of my direct reports, a lefty, hits a golf ball right handed.

This reads like an advertisement for the qb whisperer. Anyone remember when Vad had some QB guru he was working with?

Not necessarily true. I naturally write right handed, but shoot pool, a rifle or gun, play a guitar, play drums.....left handed. The ONLY way I realized I shot pool left handed when a buddy of mine said "why are you shooting pool left handed?" during a game. I then realized

My best friend growing up batted righty, played the field righty, kicked a ball lefty, played basketball lefty.

I'd bet it is more common than you would think. We had a company outing yesterday and one of my direct reports, a lefty, hits a golf ball right handed.
I get it. But the odds of being other handed than what you write is very low. And you can tell in Kings throwing motion it’s not natural. I can shoot hoops right or lefty because I taught myself as a kid to shoot lefty. I can make some buckets but it’s not nearly as pretty or fluid as my right handed shot. You can see in his throwing motion he has a slight hitch. Not a big deal but it tells me his dad simply had him throw righty from the jump, which for a QB is the right call.

Pool and shooting may be due to your dominant eye, the rest I dunno. That is why I shoot lefty if I actually want to hit anything.

This is an excellent observation.

Maybe less folks will wet their pants if anyone starts discussing King's throwing motion and footwork now?

A serious question if your dominant eye is your left one and you are right handed, will you always have poor hand to eye coordination?
I don't think so. I remember seeing a story on dominant eye. Watched it because it detailed why Chris Chambliss was such a good hitter.

I get it. But the odds of being other handed than what you write is very low. And you can tell in Kings throwing motion it’s not natural. I can shoot hoops right or lefty because I taught myself as a kid to shoot lefty. I can make some buckets but it’s not nearly as pretty or fluid as my right handed shot. You can see in his throwing motion he has a slight hitch. Not a big deal but it tells me his dad simply had him throw righty from the jump, which for a QB is the right call.

larry bird is a lefty. Played basketball his whole career as a righty

lebron james is a lefty too

phil mickelson is a righty

yes. Its rare as hell. But that doesn’t mean its not natural. In fact because its so rare; it leads me to believe it is natural.

We had a company outing yesterday and one of my direct reports, a lefty, hits a golf ball right handed.
There some thought that playing golf opposite handed would be better as the leading arm is what guide the swing and provides the most directed power. Overuse of the right arm for righties causes many bad shots.

Back