FL-RB going to SUE FSU-LB (LINK)

law_bee

Dodd-Like
LINK

It is a shame that it has come to this, but when I saw Docket had written NOT GUILTY on his taped hands during the TECH game maybe that was in anticipation of criminal charges being filed.

This appears to be one more RED MARK on Bowdens brilliant coaching career. It is not the act of one player harming another player that surprises me. I am more surprised at BB's willingness to immediately align himself with his player without doing a VERY thorough investigation.

It appears that BB viewed what tapes were available to him at the time and then came out with a statement that since the tapes were inconclusive that means nothing happenned.

Well as fate would have it, it appears that another angle has turned up that is reportedly conclusive.

FOR the RECORD I believe Spurrier has handled this matter poorly as well. But we all remember when FSU was boasting how they had taken out (physically injured) 7 straight starting QB's our own Joe Hamilton being one of those.

We all KNOW bad behavior goes on in the "pile" and sometimes on the football field, but as coaches you HAVE to rise above it. If your players have substance abuse problems or "steal" then you have to condemn their behavior. In my opinion BB's failure to do these things will forever taint a brilliant coaching career.

bash.gif

Outstanding Post. I couldn't agree more. Let's not forget that in '98, the hit that took out Hamilton was blatantly a late hit. FSU has a history of things like this, as you pointed out. It's caused me to lose respect for BB.

Back