Football

• Thread starter Deleted member 1575
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how anybody who has been a Tech fan or worse, a general Atlanta sports fan, for any considerable time isn't already used to this. I haven't been truly surprised by any loss in years. When the Falcons were up 16 I said we would lose. If you include the cow college with Atlanta sports it becomes even more comical.

I'm already watching a movie and drinking more bourbon. Same thing as if they had won. Whatever.

I don't understand how anybody who has been a Tech fan or worse, a general Atlanta sports fan, for any considerable time isn't already used to this. I haven't been truly surprised by any loss in years. When the Falcons were up 16 I said we would lose. If you include the cow college with Atlanta sports it becomes even more comical.

I'm already watching a movie and drinking more bourbon. Same thing as if they had won. Whatever.
Weak. It's one thing to have a coping mechanism. It's another thing to lose hope.

All I can say is you didn't live through the 80's... bc sometimes a GT program that has been sucking for years... stuns the world and wins the MF'ing Natl Champ. #believe

Yeah, midway thru the 3rd quarter I started doubling up the drinks so I could be passed out and miss the end of the game

Well I still waste a bunch of time watching and hoping or going to games but it's hard to get as upset anymore. I remember screaming at Kevin McGlinchy blowing some playoff game when I was a kid and getting in trouble for it.

Also winning stuff is kind of funny as a fan. Not exactly like I did anything myself to brag about. Will still buy the shirt and talk öööö if it ever happens, though.

This team finds multiple ways to lose close games. Not the hallmark of a good team. If they don’t blow out their opponent they have little chance.

My first game was 50 years also in 1977.

1952 to 1990 to ? How many power 5 teams? Once every 25-40 years to catch lightning in a bottle and win it all is about our norm. 28 years after 1952 we were absolutely terrible. My senior year the football and basketball teams combined won 5 games. 10 years later: magic for football and final 4 for BBall. There is always hope.

27 years after 1990 we are pretty good, and certainly better than average. Not great right now, but still have somewhere between really good and great year available to go get. I also expect to be better next year. Trend is up again. Really frustrating to be 2 plays short, but we have all seen far worse. No team left we aren’t capable of beating on any given Saturday and no team we aren’t susceptible to losing to. Only thing that matters is next week. Go Jackets, beat Weak Forest!

I'm not sure that I've ever seen 32 big cries on a single post.

source.gif

My first game was 50 years also in 1977.

50 years ago was 1967.

1952 to 1990 to ? How many power 5 teams? Once every 25-40 years to catch lightning in a bottle and win it all is about our norm. 28 years after 1952 we were absolutely terrible. My senior year the football and basketball teams combined won 5 games. 10 years later: magic for football and final 4 for BBall. There is always hope.

27 years after 1990 we are pretty good, and certainly better than average. Not great right now, but still have somewhere between really good and great year available to go get. I also expect to be better next year. Trend is up again. Really frustrating to be 2 plays short, but we have all seen far worse. No team left we aren’t capable of beating on any given Saturday and no team we aren’t susceptible to losing to. Only thing that matters is next week. Go Jackets, beat Weak Forest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back