For the 3rd time in 4 losses it came down to

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
we had the ball last with a chance to win or tie. We drove the ball with authority, got into scoring position to W or T & our QB made a bonehead throw to seal the L.
Despite the refs, the dropped balls, the play calling, lack of a big play, the opponent, or anything else, we still had the chance to pull the game out. We didn't go 3 & out on our 30, but took the game to the nth degree. The big time teams, the ones who play in the major Bowls, pull these games out during the season.
Just can't figure out how AJ can look so good in absolute crunch time & then throw it away. With Jones, Hamilton or Godsey we're probably 9-1 right now. It plain out came down to AJ Suggs.
Will AJ ever learn to win these games?

I love AJ Suggs and believe he has the character and talent to be an exceptional success in the private sector. I also appreciate his contributions. Meanwhile, I feel that TECH needs to recruit QBs like mad. GT should be QBU.
smile.gif

gnats, why are we not recruiting qb's? We even signed 4 yr before last, and none of those are playing qb. What gives? Can we not develop them? Did staff overestimate signees? We could have used those 'ships in other places if they are not playable.

I've questioned that before, Bizzy. I don't get it. I assume we took Logan, Landry, et. al out of the mix at QB early on and they havn't been "learning the trade." I'd love to give 'em a shot if they knew the playbook and had handled some snaps in practice. I don't believe there's any logical excuse for being thin at QB this year.
My thinking is that we need to recruit top shelf QBs to run a dynamic offense. Wake can recruit talented QBs. Duke can do it. Maryland has 2 or 3 on the bench. TECH has developed a reputation for offense over the past few years and we ought to be able to recruit great QBs. We should be QBU. Just my opinion.
wink.gif

Back