"For the ACC to get Miami would be taking ACC to a whole new level"

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
"For the ACC to get Miami would mean taking ACC football to a whole new level," Paul Hoolahan, executive director of the Sugar Bowl, said Friday. "It would be another dimension, and you have to take into account how fast football -- the quality of football and the popularity of football -- is moving up in the conference already."
Everybody, everywhere in college football is taking notice of the great moves the ACC is making. For the ED of the Sugar Bowl to take time to make a dramatic quote to the Raleigh paper says a LOT.
The Raleigh News & Observer is doing an outstanding job of keeping us abreast of the ACC expansion saga. This is such a big time article with big time quotes from big time players in the ACC expansion that I thought it would deserve another link:

Big time moves for ACC

Curious to how the fans in the Raleigh Durham area are taking to the new idea. Have you read anything about it?

Here's a link to today's NC St board with the talk centered around what State's Chancellor Fox did to void BC &, ergo, put Miami in a 'think about it pickle'.
They seem to be a little more football oriented with HC Amato & QB Rivers right now.
They do still talk about the 'Big 4' in every paragraph as if they still ran the ACC & what they want goes.
Interesting discussion: NC St's take on Miami waiting game

I really don't fault NCSU. They were only voting against going over 12 teams, and that seems reasonable to me.

They stood beside the original three.

wink.gif

Ahso-State voted for the original 3. Then when VT got in the mix & it was decided that Miami & VT would get bids the ACC went back & voted to try & get a 12th team. When BC was voted on as the 12th team, NC St voted NO along with NCar & Duke essentially nixing BC from getting a bid to be the 12th team. That's why we're stuck at 11.
Syracuse was also voted down, but there is no breakdown on how many voted no, or who, to keep Syr from becoming the 12th team.

I like VT because of proximity. Proximity is what creates heated rivalries. I still think that BC wasn't treated fairly, but I'm happy to have VT on board - so long as UM comes too

GT Ace, I saw that in another post after I had entered my remarks here.

Anyone have an answer to why NCSU voted to nix Boston College in the final draft? It seems they were okay with Boston College, Syracuse, and Miami in the original draft.

confused.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
GT Ace, I saw that in another post after I had entered my remarks here.

Anyone have an answer to why NCSU voted to nix Boston College in the final draft? It seems they were okay with Boston College, Syracuse, and Miami in the original draft.

confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good question, ahso. On its face, NCSU's vote doesn't make much sense.

Back