Fornelli

Stand up and yells "GT lost to NIU."

No reaction.

"See, no one else cares."

The 2 point conversion for NIU wasn’t a catch.. that we cant even get that call overturned in our own stadium on opening night is more worrisome than anything
It was a terrible call but it was overshadowed in my mind by how pathetic we looked

Was listening to 680 this morning someone b brought up Collins was literally running around in a jersey at practice- one of the guys says “are you serious” then belly laughed so hard he had to excuse himself. We ain’t got no Nick Saban

So Saban gets a pass doing a two-step with the duck and fat-neon?

/

The 2 point conversion for NIU wasn’t a catch.. that we cant even get that call overturned in our own stadium on opening night is more worrisome than anything
I was in the stadium and can't bring myself to watch any replays. How obvious of a no-catch was it?

I was in the stadium and can't bring myself to watch any replays. How obvious of a no-catch was it?
It actually was a clean catch. You can watch that clip on ESPN's recap/gametracker thing on their website. The ball touches the ground, but the receiver had control of the ball the whole time. Pretty amazing that guy was open because that's the only guy they talked about having to cover the whole week leading up to the game.

Northern Illinois brought their MAC refs with them. If they reversed the call, they would have been benched by the MAC.

It actually was a clean catch. You can watch that clip on ESPN's recap/gametracker thing on their website. The ball touches the ground, but the receiver had control of the ball the whole time. Pretty amazing that guy was open because that's the only guy they talked about having to cover the whole week leading up to the game.
Well I wouldn’t call it a clean catch by any stretch. He caught it. The ball hit the ground and shifted. He then re-clutched it. Did he “lose control”? The ref said he didn’t and if was our player, I’m sure I would have agreed. It shouldn’t have come down to that,

I bravely rewatched the game. You see things on TV you don’t see in person. Collins didn’t lose the game on his own although he made several decisions you could say cost us the game. Sims passing was as bad as I’ve ever seen it and that fumbled handoff was inexcusable. I thought he was benched and for good reason. I didn’t know he was hurt until after the game. He left a couple scores on the field. Thacker or whoever was shuffling players while NIU was running hurry up also cost us points. Several other players had lapses at “the moment of truth”. NIU also made some really good plays I doubt they make most of the time. It adds up to a team loss.

For positives (which apparently no one wants to acknowledge these days), Penalties seem to be under control. The OL run blocking looked pretty good, pass blocking so/so. Gibbs, Carter, Jackson, Walker and Yates all had good games.

Back