Foster 'belly-bumps' Ga out of Fiesta

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Foster \'belly-bumps\' Ga out of Fiesta

out of the undefeateds & maybe even out of the SEC East championship game & BCS Bowl.
In perhaps the most bizarre & needless personal foul call I've ever seen, Ga's huge OT, George Foster, really cost Ga an excellent opportunity to stretch their lead with the 'belly-bump' of the century. If you haven't seen this, you must get it from somewhere. Absolutely mind-boggling.
Early in the 3rd qtr, with Ga still up 13-12, the Dogs recover a Fla fumble on Fla's 19. An incomplete & a 1 yd run brings up 3rd down. It's an incompletion bringing up 4th down. The pile is already up & headed towards huddles & the head ref has the ball ready to place it on the spot. But wait! Foster is STILL laying on top of his man & starts flopping up & down, continuing to belly bump the Fla player on the ground!
The ref, standing right beside Foster has no choice but to throw a flag & try to get Foster up, who is STILL flopping up & down! The personal foul moves the FG kick from a 35 yarder to a 50 yarder. The long FG hits the post & does not put Ga up 4 pts. Bennett, as ya could plainly see, was agasp at the close miss & missed another short FG before the end of the 3rd qtr.
To me, it was clearly the turning pt of the game, much as Suggs' 3rd & 19 completion to J Smith for 28 yds was the turning pt for GT. Quite an undisciplined move for Foster to want his personal gain at the cost of the team's need to put gift pts on the board.

Re: Foster \'belly-bumps\' Ga out of Fiesta

The is the most bizarre personal foul penalty that I have ever seen. What the hell do you say to him if you are a coach? Wow, just a really, really boneheaded play.

why do you think we call them "leg-humpers"

it sure looked like he was trying hump that guys leg

He gay.
rolleyes.gif

BOO

That was just about the weirdest behavior I've ever seen on a football field. They showed him a couple of times later on the sidelines and he was still jacked up. Makes you wonder if something's the matter with the guy.

I can hear Mark Richt saying to Foster: "What in the hell did you think you were doing??!!"
But Coach, that's the way they do it on WWF RAW! Just thought I would try it.
Coach Richt:
pat.gif

Seems like a thug to me... not sure if you noticed the shots of him late in the game... he seemed to care less about what was going on...

All the talk about Georgia beating us in recruiting in the state of Georgia... I for one am glad that we dont have recruits such as Foster on our team....

Originally posted by jacketguy:
I for one am glad that we dont have recruits such as Foster on our team....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WE HAVE A WINNA!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo. Exactly. Well said.

Foster should be sitting on the bench a couple of games for that antic. I saw it too, and was completely shocked that he was so blatant about it.

pat.gif

I hope someone got that on tape. Id like to have an .avi or .mpg of that.

Foster is or should I say WAS a good kid before he went to crazytown. He was an exceptionally gifted high school player right here in town and O'Leary thought enough of him to recruit him hard.
I will admit the play was weird and I can't help but believe that the bad exposure in Athens has adversely affected him. I didn't know him personally but a high school teammate of his lived across the street from me and he held Foster
in high esteem. But this was odd indeed.

I loved it!! I love it whenever bad things happen to the dawgies!! LOL!! It did look like he was "getting off"!

How guys like that get through school I will never know.
rolleyes.gif

he is quoted in an article on AUC and i quote:

"my emotions got out of me"

LOL

I thought the turning point was when the great terrence edwards, holder of all UGA receiving records and leader of that great wide receiver core dropped a lobb pass with no one within 10 yards of him. Yep, They choked, they choked at UGA they had their chances and they choked.

Does anyone know if he will receive any kind of suspension for this behavior?

"humper down you hairy dog"

HAHAHA

Careful, ylojk8, that one might catch on.

Munsen might make a mistake and say it on the radio.

smile.gif

Originally posted by ylojk8:
"humper down you hairy dog"

HAHAHA
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thats a REALLY good one... I may have to use that phrase sometime... thanks for the laugh

don't credit me for it thought.
i read it somewhere .. lol ..

but yeah .. it is HILARIOUS

Back