Freshman Star Eric Singleton (not bad news)

Dad seems to think he’s gonna be at Tech. This is good. Still will need to get the kid some NIL money. But his family is happy.

This sounds like famous last words

dam he’s as good as gone was great while it lasted

:bigcry:

Our OL just has to give the WR routes and King enough time.
That's ... optimistic.
I wouldn't mind three step drop and just chuck the deep fade (get some air under it so he can run under it), trusting he'll beat his coverage (which I think he'll do 9 times out of 10) and find the football. Doesn't have to be a TD every time. But a big gain like the other night will get a DC thinking.

We need to throw at least one deep shot a quarter to the kid. Period.
That and pay him whatever we can afford and then some.

I wasn't able to watch much of the game but I'm sure everyone who did saw the long pass play to him where he was so open and so far down field that I don't think King thought he could run so far and underthrew the pass. It was almost as if Singleton was fair catching a punt. And his defender was five yards behind him.

This kid is special. We're so lucky to have snagged him. I hope we can keep him interested.

That and pay him whatever we can afford and then some.

I wasn't able to watch much of the game but I'm sure everyone who did saw the long pass play to him where he was so open and so far down field that I don't think King thought he could run so far and underthrew the pass. It was almost as if Singleton was fair catching a punt. And his defender was five yards behind him.

This kid is special. We're so lucky to have snagged him. I hope we can keep him interested.

Faulkner came late in the game during recruiting in the last class but I heard he was very instrumental at getting him on board here.

That's ... optimistic.
I wouldn't mind three step drop and just chuck the deep fade (get some air under it so he can run under it), trusting he'll beat his coverage (which I think he'll do 9 times out of 10) and find the football. Doesn't have to be a TD every time. But a big gain like the other night will get a DC thinking.
OL progressing every week. They are playing at a competent level. I think Geep has found the right lineup.

OL progressing every week. They are playing at a competent level. I think Geep has found the right lineup.

We've only allowed 3 sacks over 3 games. Good enough for 20th in the Nation. I also credit that to a QB who's very aware of his surroundings in the pocket too but I'll give the line credit for giving him time and protection. Just want to see continued improvement in run blocking :)

Singleton, Haynes & Haynes have been the best newcomers on the squad.

You said Haynes twice.

75f4c090-f029-4b11-af1e-1a340a6370ac_screenshot.jpg

We've only allowed 3 sacks over 3 games. Good enough for 20th in the Nation. I also credit that to a QB who's very aware of his surroundings in the pocket too but I'll give the line credit for giving him time and protection. Just want to see continued improvement in run blocking :)
One of those sacks was a game killer, though.

Back