Fresno St played a very good schedule

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
frown.gif
unfortunately they lost to 5 of the 6 Bowl teams they played, but it took a Bowl team to beat them. The Bulldogs beat a real good WAC champion, Colorado St, who's going to Liberty Bowl 32-30.
Fres St lost @ Wisconsin (Alamo Bowl) 23-21, lost @ Oregon (Seattle) 28-24, lost @ Oregon St (Insight.com) 59-19, lost @ Mountain West champ Boise St (Humanitarian) 67-21 & lost to Hawaii (Hawaii Bowl) 31-21.
This will be a testy game that GT ought to have enough offense to win, but if we blunder on O then Fresno has the firepower to pull this game out. We have got to put up some points. A W might get us marginal relief, but a loss would would be detrimental to to everything we want to accomplish this yr. This will not be like a loss to Miami or LSU was.
Hope that we (fans) & coaches work toward winning this game. Fans need to back our team & staff for this season ending match. Sure would make everyone associated with Tech feel better.

Ace, you hit the nail on the head. A loss to Miami and LSU is okay now b/c we can look to see where each program is now following that bowl game. However, a loss to Fresno will be a poor way to start the 2003 season. My personal opinion is that the bowl game is the springboard for the next season. We've had a tough season with the injuries and the learning curve, but we can start off on the right foot with a bowl win and a solid recruiting class.

I watched Fresno play a couple of games this fall, and they've got what it takes to win this game. Whoever goes in at QB has to play mistake free. We can't afford many mistakes back there. We will have to rely on Ace and PJ to do the running, and we have the defense to stop them. I think we win, but I think it'll be close.

Hey Ace!

desperation-----"the state of being desperate resulting from despair"

You remember how you felt about GA TECH football from Curry until mid-contract Ross? I couldn't even find your phone number. Take a get-ready pill

Back