Fridge

Bogey

Jolly Good Fellow
Has anybody heard anything about the Fridge being unhappy at MD and talking to DB about coming back to GT? I know this is highly unlikely and was probably just a rumor, but what a dream:
Chan the Man with RF as OC and JT as DC!

Now THAT's a hard one to swallow....where did you pick up on tidbit?

While I think Fridge is a great coach, I don't think he'll be back at Tech......or maybe as Chan's OC????

Now THAT would bee sweet!

This doesn't pass the sniff test.

Why would Ralph quit the head coaching position making over $1MM per at his beloved alma mater where he has been largely successful to go be an assistant coach at a rival school?

As desperately as we need an offensive coordinator and play-caller in our 109th rated scoring offense, don't get your hopes up for it being the Fridge.
shocked.gif

actually with them struggling this year Fridge will be a tougher sale for the NFL

He had a Tampa Bay offer on the table and he may regret not taking it

Originally posted by beeware:
As desperately as we need an offensive coordinator and play-caller in our 109th rated scoring offense, don't get your hopes up for it being the Fridge.
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Last time i checked we beat the fat guy 7-3....I guess we are desperate ugh?????

I dont know why all of us here respond to you...Your just like mark bradley..No credibilty...at all....

Some guys like to do what they are really good at and enjoy doing. Why do some sales managers who have been promoted quit and go back to being salesmen? And some guys don't like taking crap from a lady. Admittedly, it ain't likely, but it did come from a somewhat reliable source. And he does have ties in Georgia, eg. his lake house with his buddies GOL and the Beamer.

Yellow Britches, of course, anything can happen, but that rumor sounds far out.

Ralph and Maryland are in the hunt for second place in the conference. He has done well in every year he has been there. I can't see himself nor the school being unhappy at this particular time.

I, personally, don't believe he could come back to Tech as an OC under the present circumstances.

Father Time

I'd never hitch my wagon to him because he is a potential medical disaster. Hell, I could spot him within 2 seconds of looking at the Maryland bench. Looked like a freaking blimp over there.

Originally posted by JJacket:
I'd never hitch my wagon to him because he is a potential medical disaster. Hell, I could spot him within 2 seconds of looking at the Maryland bench. Looked like a freaking blimp over there.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I take that back. I might hitch my wagon to him. He's big as an ox.

Ralph may eat himself out of a coaching job by default, if he does not change his eating habits.

There is little doubt he has a good offensive mind, and he has done well as a head coach, but if I was an AD looking for a coach, his health would be a big factor to consider.

Father Time

Originally posted by beeware:
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Chan did two things that GOL could not. He called the plays and he beat the Fridge.

Back