From a lurker's point of view....

GoTech1971

Varsity Lurker
From a lurker\'s point of view....

As most of you can see from my profile, I do not post very often. However, I pretty much read everything on Sting Talk and the Hive.

Here is my observation.

Alot of people on this board point to the Hive and make fun of it because of how strict the moderators are over there.

The Hive had to become that way because of all the in-fighting and name calling that erupted towards the end of last year.

It is unbelievable the parallels I see in the Hive and StingTalk.

StingTalk started off as a board where everyone would could state their mind without "Big Brother" watching over their shoulder. And everyone loved it....

Now, we see the name calling, etc.

This board is heading down the same path as the Hive with all these personal attacks and I for one wonder how long it will be before the moderators here actually have to do something about it.

Let's learn the lesson of the Hive and make this board what it's supposed to be. A forum for GT FANS!!!

Re: From a lurker\'s point of view....

Originally posted by GoTech1971:
As most of you can see from my profile, I do not post very often. However, I pretty much read everything on Sting Talk and the Hive.

Here is my observation.

Alot of people on this board point to the Hive and make fun of it because of how strict the moderators are over there.

The Hive had to become that way because of all the in-fighting and name calling that erupted towards the end of last year.

It is unbelievable the parallels I see in the Hive and StingTalk.

StingTalk started off as a board where everyone would could state their mind without "Big Brother" watching over their shoulder. And everyone loved it....

Now, we see the name calling, etc.

This board is heading down the same path as the Hive with all these personal attacks and I for one wonder how long it will be before the moderators here actually have to do something about it.

Let's learn the lesson of the Hive and make this board what it's supposed to be. A forum for GT FANS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With all due respect, you jumped in on the lunch brunch thread with some paranoia about not posting anything that was said... (considering there were about 200 people there, is it reality to think that kind of information wouldn't get out) ?? and kind of greased the skids for the whole thread... I'm all for making it a board for GT FANS!! Long as they aren't PARANOID !!!

Originally posted by BeeBad:

I'm all for making it a board for GT FANS!! Long as they aren't PARANOID !!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">as long as they are not what? PARANOID??

would that include the thinking of BITCHers that gailey is going to take us to a Bill Lewisque level?

PARANOID?

You missed the message. My post was not about that ONE thread.

And fine, blame the whole thread on me if it makes you feel better.

Actually I've been saying all along that the Hive and StingTalk aren't much different in terms of the opinions posted, just that StingTalk is much looser about what you can get away with posting. Kind of interesting to see the thinking around here change.

Good post, GoTech. I'll attach what I posted in the forementioned thread just a little while ago...

This is the kind of crap that separates StingTalk and the Hive. It seems as if the mods are taking notice (referring to the "warning shot" post about post hi-jacking) that moderation is necessary in a "free-speech" forum.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There's something to be said about the way the Hive mods run the board. If they continue to do so, maybe they'll see more of the "GTJT's" return and rebuild the Hive's unique personality.

StingTalk is close to exceeding the other place as the board of record for GT sports.. Coleman quotes StingTalk, not the other place.. Wes pops on here to post recently, not the other place... Drew Hearn recently posts on StingTalk to clear the air when that was the hot topic, not the other place... You got your hard-hitting lunch brunch report here today on StingTalk by our erstwhile cub reporter, ylojk8... while the other place is scrambling for info... Yeah there's arguments here, but there's arguments on football teams & there's arguments in families...

There's another board? Go figure.
Everyone is grumpy because we all expect more than we are getting from our beloved GTAA, and how each person reacts to this situation is going to be different. We are suffering from the "den of snakes" syndrome. Nothing unusual about that. Winning will change all of this (see UGA Football post-Donnan).
BOO

Back