FSU New Coach

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonder what Jeff Sims thinks about the hire...

User 10337

This may end up being a bad thing for clemson. This coach is a good one. Track record proves it.
Disagree completely. Guy could never beat UCF and in those games had horrible decisions.

Look, it's not hard to be successful at Memphis. They will get better players compared to other AAC schools.

Heard a few rumors about some scandals yet to come out with him, we shall see!

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
It'll be interesting to see. Memphis was already on the upswing under Fuente, so he's entering a much different situation at FSU.

Speaking of Fuente, a lot of people thought he was a home run hire by VT, and while he kicked our asses this year, he hasn't exactly killed it in the Coastal so far.

User 10337

It'll be interesting to see. Memphis was already on the upswing under Fuente, so he's entering a much different situation at FSU.

Speaking of Fuente, a lot of people thought he was a home run hire by VT, and while he kicked our asses this year, he hasn't exactly killed it in the Coastal so far.
That's weird. My VT fan friends were quite upset at the hire, and before halfway thru the season were feeling pretty vindicated.
The jury is still out on him and especially now that Bud Foster won't be there to erase mistakes.

I honestly don't know anyone that thought he was a homerun hire.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
That's weird. My VT fan friends were quite upset at the hire, and before halfway thru the season were feeling pretty vindicated.
The jury is still out on him and especially now that Bud Foster won't be there to erase mistakes.

I honestly don't know anyone that thought he was a homerun hire.
I was referring to people on Stingtalk. Many on here thought he was going to rejuvenate VT and have them getting back to some of their glory days under Beamer. You can find lots of praise for him around the time he was hired if you search his name.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I was referring to people on Stingtalk. Many on here thought he was going to rejuvenate VT and have them getting back to some of their glory days under Beamer. You can find lots of praise for him around the time he was hired if you search his name.
I'll admit I was one of them. I thought he would have much more immediate success than he has had.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I've never understood the draw of VT. UVA should be the dominant of the programs, but can't get it together.

As for FSU, Tallahassee is a pretty boring town.

User 10337

O I C

User 10337

I've never understood the draw of VT. UVA should be the dominant of the programs, but can't get it together.

FSU is basically extended high school, might be boring for JJacket but assuredly fun for 17-24 yr old young men.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Looks to me like there is always some enthusiasm for any new coach and those that did not want to see the old coach leave usually not enthused by new coach arrival.
Just a reminder to myself and others that it pretty quickly comes down to the W/L.
In our own case I've never had expectations for first 3 years of CGC and company except when it comes to recruiting and I do have some expectations.

gtrower

Dodd-Like

VT locked up the Hampton area for nearly a decade when it was producing 5* skill players like popcorn. They’ve lost that foothold and are on a downward trajectory.