Furman or Marshall

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
For Number 12?

Because no way is ECU being let in by the Non-NC schools regardless of their governor.

These are the best options that fit "the footprint"

Please do not bring up Loserville. No one cares about them outside of Jefferson County, Kentucky.
It's Border to Border Big Blue Support up there.

Neither. Furman isn't D-1A so they are out. Marshall might actually be okay from a football perspective but WVU would be a better fit. BTW, why is WV part of the footprint? If we stay within our current states, Central Fla is a better fit then either of those. If we stray, Pitt would be a better fit than either as well.

The state of WV is a minute extension of the footprint.

I would expect FU to move up to D1A.

Both schools' basketball is marginal, unfortunately there is not a mid-major left on the east coast or within our footprint.

Marshall at least has upside with the addition of Ron "Maybe I can finally learn from Tubby" Jirsa.

Absolutely NOT. I am not of the opinion that the 12th team has to fit into the existing logo of the conference, and while FU is a nice school neither one is worthy.

I am more inclined to see who comes to (us) the conference with its hat in hand. Even with Puke and baby blu, the ACC is a great address.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tulane if they are serious about staying D1. UCF if the academics are there.

I like Furman too, but where would they get football players? South Carolina is not a big state and already has two very ambitious I-A football programs.

IMO I think that the academics at UCF as well as USF would make either a viable candidate because of the size of their schools and the potential of their respective programs.

Furman is what Vandy or Wake could be if they were 1-AA. They're too small to make it in D1.

Besides the hillbilly jokes I still endorse WV as a possibility. Won't break my heart if it doesn't happen but they're not as bad a choice as the critics make them out to be. Certainly not any worse than VPI. They actually have some football and bball tradition up there and we all know how pig-headed those mountainfolk can be. Should fit right in a competitive ACC. I like them first and then UCF.

The upside of UCF is unlimited. The location, the enrollment, they have been playing a grinding schedule (so they are serious about building a program), they have hired a great AD, anyone critical of their "academics" or anyone else's is just beeing an elitist. If not them, WVU, maybe BC. ECU, let us all join hands and puke together. UK, maybe, not the Ville at this time anyway. Tulane, can we get anymore out of our mind? Same for Navy and Vandy. Those are just names thrown out for those not wanting to compete.

WV. Their football attendance averages 53,000 per game(three times what CF draws, my second choice).
drinking.gif

WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WVA.gif

Central Florida is an up and coming team and would make for better scheduling in the Southern Division of the conference. I believe their stadium seats about 80,000.

The addition of Central Florida would give the Southern Division more voting power to equalize the monopoly of the NC teams.

There would then be GT, FSU, Clemson, UCF, Miami, and probably Wake Forest. Entry into the ACC would probably immediately upgrade recruiting for UCF and also raise the interest in attendance to the ACC games from the Central Florida area.

It would also give us more visibility for recruiting in Central Florida. Sounds like a good fit for the Southern Division.

The only other one that would be a really good fit for the Southern Division is South Carolina should they become interested.

smile.gif

Originally posted by FHstinger:
WV. Their football attendance averages 53,000 per game(three times what CF draws, my second choice).
drinking.gif

WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WEST VIRGINIA
WVA.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Who now?
drinking.gif

Back