Ga SC game.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I still don't really understand why, maybe because that season wasn't anything special (but then neither was 2005) but compared to the '09 VPI game or even the '00, '04, and '09 Clemson games, that '11 Clemson upset has just never really stuck with me. It was a great night and all, great win, but it never comes to mind when I think of our biggest wins in the last twenty years. I remember a lot of big moments from all the other games but not '11 Clemson.
It probably has a lot to do with being "only" Clemson, who we were so used to trading wins with up until they went thermonuclear.

I only remember Jemea Thomas getting two game saving picks and Clemson stealing the snap without being called offsides.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I still don't really understand why, maybe because that season wasn't anything special (but then neither was 2005) but compared to the '09 VPI game or even the '00, '04, and '09 Clemson games, that '11 Clemson upset has just never really stuck with me. It was a great night and all, great win, but it never comes to mind when I think of our biggest wins in the last twenty years. I remember a lot of big moments from all the other games but not '11 Clemson.
We started out 5-0 that season only to lose back to back games against Virginia and idk who. We got up to a #13 ranking before we lost. Probably doesn’t stick with you because of what could have been.

The Jacket

The Coat
It probably has a lot to do with being "only" Clemson, who we were so used to trading wins with up until they went thermonuclear.

I only remember Jemea Thomas getting two game saving picks and Clemson stealing the snap without being called offsides.

Okay, that last part, I do remember. Figures that the only memory to stick would be the one rooted in butthurt. Justified butthurt, but butthurt nonetheless.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
Okay, that last part, I do remember. Figures that the only memory to stick would be the one rooted in butthurt. Justified butthurt, but butthurt nonetheless.
It also might be because it didn't feel like an upset/ stolen win. We basically dominated the game the entire night and looked like the better team.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
We started out 5-0 that season only to lose back to back games against Virginia and idk who. We got up to a #13 ranking before we lost. Probably doesn’t stick with you because of what could have been.
I thought we started 6-0. I remember beating Maryland for the 6th win to get bowl eligible and was fairly stoked since 2010 was horrid and we needed a late season win against duke to go to Shreveport.

Loss against uva was hard and a return to our troubles in Charlottesville. I remember a bad block in the back that killed one of our drives as it was certainly a winnable game. We got blasted by Miami the next week, then played Clemson.

At that point, we had beaten Clemson 4 out of the last 5 times, so the win didn't feel as prominent. I remember Stephen hills catch, and my ex gf wanting to leave after the 1st quarter (she's a Clemson fan).

2011 was pretty close to a 10-3 season.

The Jacket

The Coat
It also might be because it didn't feel like an upset/ stolen win. We basically dominated the game the entire night and looked like the better team.
That's fair. The other games were heart-stoppers. Maybe I should be grateful, we had a big win that didn't leave me with any lasting psychological damage.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I thought we started 6-0. I remember beating Maryland for the 6th win to get bowl eligible and was fairly stoked since 2010 was horrid and we needed a late season win against duke to go to Shreveport.

Loss against uva was hard and a return to our troubles in Charlottesville. I remember a bad block in the back that killed one of our drives as it was certainly a winnable game. We got blasted by Miami the next week, then played Clemson.

At that point, we had beaten Clemson 4 out of the last 5 times, so the win didn't feel as prominent. I remember Stephen hills catch, and my ex gf wanting to leave after the 1st quarter (she's a Clemson fan).

2011 was pretty close to a 10-3 season.
God. That's bringing back more memories. I remember Stephen Hill dropping a would be TD bomb that you couldn't hand it to him any better. Then, later in the game making a freakish circus catch with a guy draped all over him.

gespacho_the_slender

Chief Video Editor and Toolshed
I get that game and 2009 regular season confused. We were 4 of 5 over four years and Dabo looked like a buffoon.

I’m with you on that game fading from memory as an insignificant win.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
We were one FSU mistake away from winning that game, and wouldn’t you know it, mistake machine Winston played a perfect game.

JRjr
if we could have prevented a TD before halftime, we would have won the game.