Gailey Bashing

widgetbuzz

Varsity Lurker
I think that most Tech fans would agree that this past season was not the season we'd hoped for. Disappointing for many reasons. But the season is over and Coach Gailey is still here and will be here for at least another season. Therefore, I'm of the opinion that is time to quit focusing on the negtives and look to any positives that we can find...we didn't go 0-4 in the conference or 0-13 for the season. I'm annoyed by the constint can Chan crying. It time to move on, look for a brighter day...and win or lose...support the Team!
Go Jackets!!!

Good luck in that endeavour. I was disappointed with the team's performance against UGA and Fresno, but that's over. Chan's our coach, and he's out recruiting. The sensible thing to do is just wait and see, but that's not good enough for many.

We didn't go 0-4 in the conference
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are right. We did beat two of the bottom three and could have finished 7th, 8th or 9th. And we have an QB with a year of experience.

There are some things that get in your craw and you just have a hard time laying them down. There was a subject line on this board that asked the question "what would be your attitude if Gailey kept his staff intact?" and my response was that I would be depressed. Well we all know from experience that when a coach makes changes in his staff it is shortly after the season ends. There are many reasons for this but the primary reason is that in the first two weeks of the year the NCAA coaches have a convention and it is convenient to interview and otherwise sound out people to learn more about each other. Well, the convention has come and gone and we still have the same group that tormented us so much last year. And I'm depressed over our situation. Someone please send me something for depression
because I feel it will be another 10 months before permanent relief is forthcoming. I was looking at our schedule and I was not at all encouraged as we could very easily lose our first four and five of our first six. Chan will never
outcoach anyone so when we can't see a talent superiority the chances are slim for Chan to out think anyone. I just have a hard time believing Chan is going with some of the three legged dogs that he has on our staff. LORD HELP US.

Even in several wins (like BYU) I was not impressed with the overall coaching in the game. Even with that win the team reminded me of the BL era. The team with a few and I do mean few exceptions looked out of sync and just plain under coached. However, the team with it's superior talent was able to pull out a few big time wins. CG needs to coach the team to it's potential ie. shi- or get off the pot. No I'm not CG bashing just want Tech to play to it's potential win or lose.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Even in several wins (like BYU) I was not impressed with the overall coaching in the game. Even with that win the team reminded me of the BL era. The team with a few and I do mean few exceptions looked out of sync and just plain under coached. However, the team with it's superior talent was able to pull out a few big time wins. CG needs to coach the team to it's potential ie. shi- or get off the pot. No I'm not CG bashing just want Tech to play to it's potential win or lose.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">foggy,
The world may be coming to an end...I agree with your post completely.
wink.gif

i agree totally with big buck, recruiting isnt going good and chan cannot coach them up as we know from last season. the cupboard is going to be made up of boston college, brigham young, louisville type athletes and we are headed to several down years. i am certainly not looking forward to next season for i think we might win about 5 games. i sincerely hope this next season is chans last but, it will still take 3 years after he is gone to recover fully. FOLKS WE ARE NOT DOING WELL IN RECRUITING, TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS.

Recruiting is going good @Texas & Duke. Both of those programs are glad to have 2 of our former very best recruiters working on their behalf. They both knew what it took to recruit for GT and how to compete against our local rivals. CCG and company recruiting against UGA reminds me of how we competed on the field against them. UGLY!!!

widget,

I understand we had some things working against us this year. But like most of you, I watched every down this season and I just didn't see a team that had above average coaching.

Sure, CG and crew appear to be able to hold there own in the league, but holding your own just doesn't cut it at GT. We need a staff that gets a little more and is one step ahead of the competition. I just don't see that, but I certainly believe he deserves more time. I hope I'm wrong about him.

I agree that recruiting is not going well. I like the guys we have so far but we should be much closer to 23 or 25 by now than stuck on 14. 14 won't get the job done.

This tells me we either did not have enough qualified prospects, our staff is not adept at closing or the entire recruiting process has been mismanaged.

Like you Axe, I am an optimist and will continue to hope for the best. My gut tells me we are going to come up short again with Coach Gailey.

Go Jackets!

Back