Gailey Is High On Patrick Nix

Big Buck

Flats Noob
In today's Macon Telegraph Gailey is quoted as saying that "Nix is not just a good quarterbacks coach, in my opinion he is a GREAT QB's Coach and I look forward to seeing guys flourish under him as time goes on". The article goes on to say that Patrick makes no secret of his goal to one day coach a division 1 program. This is high praise for a coach as young as Patrick but I have read where other coaches hold young Nix in high esteem.
It would be nice if Gailey could turn this thing around and then have groomed young Nix to take over upon his retirement. He certainly does seem to be a bright young man.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
....and then have groomed young Nix to take over upon his retirement. He certainly does seem to be a bright young man.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB,

With the way things are headed, why not go ahead and do it now??
confused.gif

BeeStorm Comment: This is an example of what I am talking about. An attempt to hijack a positive thread and turn it into another lame philosophical trashing of CG. Notice how it adds nothing to the thread and serves only to irritate others. This post has earned BeeWare a trip to the sidelines. Please use this post as a guide on what not to post in the football forum.

Thank You

I'm really excited about Patrick Nix being on our
staff and would like to see him move up to assistant
coach so that he can be groomed to take over in
the long run. We definitely need to keep this guy
on campus.

This is all very true.

I want to see how he helps Ball develop. Patrick is one of the smartest qb's I've ever seen play. He was never the most athletic player on the field, but he could beat just about anyone with his decision making.

It's scary to think how good an athletic qb like Reggie Ball is going to be under Nix's guidance. I hope he stays at Tech for a LONG time.

Ball at Tech for a long time - not likely imo, if he stays healthy and develops. He was probably mapping his NFL future when he was a hs junior.

Nix has all the ear-marks of a keeper. Bright young man. Local (Southern) connections, college QB, commited football coach. He's on a sure fire path. With a few more years under his belt he should be ready. I'll bet his experience under Gailey will be priceless. Almost NFL caliber. Hope we can keep him.

I agree with Chan that Nix seems like a "hot" young coach. I'm glad we got him and hope he realizes that a win on Saturday against his Alma Mater will do more for his career than he imagines. But lets see what he does with Ball's development before we crown him the next Steve Spurrier. As far as Ball's NFL plans -- this all seems a little far fetched right now. Not to mention I don't recall seeing any QB's under 6' being drafted as a QB in the last 5 years.

Originally posted by goldtoof:
Ball at Tech for a long time - not likely imo, if he stays healthy and develops. He was probably mapping his NFL future when he was a hs junior.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Don't worry about that. Ball will be at Tech 4 or 5 years. His height will allow Tech to get full matriculation.
BOO

....and hopefully we can get his two younger brothers as well.

We could have this family at Tech through 2009.

If he continues to improve from his first game, he will eventually join Joe Hamilton as one of Tech's greatest athletes. Certainly Nix has to be excited about being able to coach someone with the physical skills, speed and confidence that Reggie Ball has. I just hope we are able to keep Pat Carter around (being greedy here) because he is going to be an excellent athlete also. You almost hate to have to redshirt him (probably next year), but that may be what it takes to have Carter as our starting QB someday.

Kirbee wrote:

I agree with Chan that Nix seems like a "hot" young coach. I'm glad we got him and hope he realizes that a win on Saturday against his Alma Mater will do more for his career than he imagines.

I was just thinking this. If Tech wins this weekend, you can bet that our qb(s) have played well!
That would put Auburn at 0-2, and I would think that those Montgomery/Opelika rednecks would start trying to call their boy, Coach Nix home.

I like him too. Hopefully, he is given the opportunity to grow with us here.

Back