Gailey Said That Tech Quit

Big Buck

Flats Noob
Brian Murphy wrote in today's Macon Telegraph and News that Gailey said that Tech as a team didn't quit but we had some individuals that did quit. Is there anything new to us? If this is true and I think it is, then we have a full breakdown on our program. Looks like another seven year rebuilding plan is in the works. I have said on many occasions that this guy looks like the second coming of Bill Lewis and I think that reality has set in on most realistic Tech supporters. I hope we don't accept a bowl bid as
this team is coming unravelled at the seams and
will be another embarrassment to us again. Some serious thinking should be done by the athletic
board before we allow this BUFFOON to humiliate us again on national TV. Things are BAD, BAD, BAD
guys and gals.

If some of our players did quit, then they need to be disciplined. This does sound like some B. Lewis issues.

Could ther be some divided loyalties amongst the team due to Gailey having to keep BOB?

A divided house will take us down quicker than anything else.

PS - I must be very talkative today. This is my third post in approx. 10 minutes.

Even Kerry Watkins said some of the players quit or didn't even show up. I could maybe see if this was Middle Georgia we were playing (when it's a gimme win game), but come on...this is the University of Georgia we're playing. It's your biggest rival. If you don't have the heart to get up for this kind of game, then you have no business wearing the white and gold.

IF some of the crew didn't "show up", so to speak, then that's a coaching issue.

I think some players use this "excuse" to confuse the obvious reasons for an @$$ whipping. It's harder to admit that your teammates aren't as talented and conditioned, and that your coaches are still trying to figure out the coaching manuals.
BOO

Player's quit? Or a coach looking for a way to blame the team for the loss?

The coach is responsible for having the team ready to excute the best possible game plan.

If the team, or members did quit, it still falls on coaching. When it affects every element of the team, offense, defense, special teams, it's a head coaching failure.

We had some serious quit out there.

The turnovers put the D in a hole and they got pushed around by the UGA senior line enough to make them pay.

Once the score got near 30 it looked like some guys on D quit since everyone who has watched GT this year knows we couldn't score 14 on Cairo High School.

Chan doesn't turn it over, and he doesn't snap the ball. The staff DOES deserve the blame for
1. No development in the QBs.
2. Playing Vanilla Defense all game.
3. Awful play calling.

GTCrew, add a #4:

IF COACH KNEW OF INDIVIDUAL QUITTING, IT IS CG'S STUPID MOVE TO LEAVE ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME WHO WAS NOT GIVING HIS ALL!!

That is a bigger problem than the player. If coach does not have nads to yank him/them, to hell with him!!

Add #5

Coaches responsibility to have the team ready to play 100%. If any won't go 100% see #4.

If players quit or didn't show up that rests completely on CG's shoulders. Ultamitely(sp) he and the rest of the staff are responsible for the dabacle in Athens!!! He should get his A$$ in gear or get out now while the getting out is good. I for one am completely PI$$ED

puke.gif

Quitting is in direct corelation to the Coach! He has nothing to say about this. He's the boss and the boss wasn't prepared to even take this job never mind coach his employees!

Resigning would be to the benefit of our program and the players still here. It's obvious players are not motivated by him, and the emotion you have to have as a coach to a player is non-existant!

We did not quit. We just never showed up to begin with. Quitting implies that you've started something. Well, we didn't start anything. We got our asses kicked from the opening whistle onward.

I hope CG learned from this game. If he didn't, then he won't be around very long. What happened on Saturday was quite possibly the worst display of effort I've ever seen from a Tech team. I'm sorta stunned and speechless.
puke.gif

Team quit last year as well. At least Coach Gailey is man enough to call the team out and take responsibility.

All of you blasting Coach Gailey, that's fine. He should be held accountable. To call for the coaches head at this point and time isn't going to help. Some changes need to be made. That's obvious. To fire or have your head coach to resign in or after his very first year would be bad news. You people calling this bad, that's fine. I agree this isn't good, but fire or make Coach Gailey resign and you'll really see bad.

The honorable thing for Coach Gailey to do is resign and apologize.
Firing him would not be great, but not nearly as bad as hiring him in the first place....or putting up with him now that we see how inept he really is.
If Coach Gailey is allowed to continue, heaven help us all.

GTT,

I agree about not firing Chan. However, you don't call out your players in public. It doesn't make you a man. Instead it makes you look like you a deflecting the responsibility to somebody else. If the players quit then that is the coach's fault for allowing it to happen. Take care of those players in private, not at a press conference.

Has there been any reported comments coming from Dave Brainecramp? I hope he is not closeting himself from reality. I can't think of anyone else who could persuade Coach Gailey to accept a FAIR settlement or face being fired. Also I think going to Seattle will result in more embarrasment though I'm sure the seniors deserve a better way of leaving the field for the last time, instead of Saturday's performance.

actually everthing is relative. If CG runs our program into the ground and we are below .500 in the acc next year that is REALLY BAD NEWS.

If CG can turn things around then great, if he can't then it does not really matter.

There are only TWO REAL ISSUES.

1. Can CG turn the program around?

2. Can we hire someone who can turn the program around?

You have to answer YES to one of those two questions.

To say a great Coach cannot turn the program on a dime is a mistake. You just need a core of good athletes. Right now we have a core. We may not 2 years from now.

Of course we will not get a big name coach but some little names are great coaches.

Our senior elders who know a lot more about Georgia Tech and football than any of the pseudo keyboard football analysts who post here tried very hard to get Jimmy Robinson hired.

But the pseudo keyboard analysts vehemently objected and the administration relented and instead hired a glitzy former Dallas Cowboys head coach.

I know of one member of the selection committee who is privately saying the hiring of Gailey was a mistake - and that was before the Georgia game -and I've heard a former coaching collegue of Gailey say he wasn't too bright.

So guys, when the people who were and are successful in football and life and who know far more about football and Georgia Tech; ie. Kim King, Taz Anderson, etc.; than you recommend someone - how about deferring to their judgment rather than attepting to be keyboard ESPN analysts?

Jimmy Robinson is waiting for the call.

Brian Van Gorder! That is a star H.C. waiting to be discovered. You think of how Georgia ran thru D.C's until Coach Richt brought him to Athens. Remember, there was players on the Georgia Defence that up 88 Points to Tech in '99 and 2000. Think where the Dawgs would be today without that defence. Probably heading to Sheveport! An obviously great motivator and superb at making adjustments during the game.

Back