Gailey says #1 priority is "get more physical"

You've got a point belly, I guess I just don't think that sequence of events could have played out again. (or before, or whatever). I think it was a fluke, we got down, starting pressing and it just got worse. Reminded me of the first half of the Ugag game in '75 (42-0 bad guys at the half).

Originally posted by ncjacket:
You've got a point belly, I guess I just don't think that sequence of events could have played out again. (or before, or whatever). I think it was a fluke, we got down, starting pressing and it just got worse. Reminded me of the first half of the Ugag game in '75 (42-0 bad guys at the half).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree it was a fluke, and agree with your estimate of the pattern of the game, but it could just as easily have happened to George. One wonders what he would have done with the 2002 QB situation, with an underachiever and another who may have been dogging it in practice or in skull sessions. He did not sympathize with guys who wouldn't practice, any more than CG.

Maybe we could play Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical" at practice!!
blue.gif

Originally posted by Father WASP:
To top it off, Gailey should realize that it is part of his job to promote and bring people together. Instead, we get the silent treatment. This ends up giving some die-hard football fans nothing in the way of information, so the speculation just runs rampant.

It is one thing to have a low-key personality, quite another to have working policies containing gag orders.

He is obviously falling into the same trap O'leary did - circle the wagons, everybody is against us, etc.
It is hard to support a program who appears to be blowing you off.

You can either meet the problems head on and ask for people's support or have a pity party and walk around clueless. Not much in between as far as choices go. .... I am sick of the bunker mentality at the AA.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well spoken, Padre. I feel your pain......having some of the same ailments myself.

Especially: "It is hard to support a program who appears to be blowing you off."

Keep hoping for a fireworks display of some type. But in my heart I am still 100% behind him as of now.

belly, I'll tell u why I think so. Because GOL's team would have been MUCH better PREPARED, based on his teams the previous yearS. THWG

Father Wasp, quite possibily one of the best posts on this board ever! Well said...and this comes from someone who supports CG getting another full year, and thinks that it was time for GOL to go in spite of accomplishing what so many are hesitant to give him credit for. February 5th will be a defining moment for both the bashers and FOCers. THWG

Originally posted by GoldZ:
belly, I'll tell u why I think so. Because GOL's team would have been MUCH better PREPARED, based on his teams the previous yearS. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I know that's the argument, GoldZ, I just have my doubts that the players we took to Athens COULD have been prepared much better to face the ready-teddy UGaG team we ran up against. GO'L was not infallible in getting teams to just the right point for big games, no coach can be, IMO. An example re GO'L is FSU, 2001.

Regarding Oleary, he did not tolerate quitters and loafers. Just ask Justin V and his mother. GOL is a tough guy, and his teams show it.

He would just as soon run off talented loafers than to endure them.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
I'll give you that. We would probably lost closer to Ga.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why do you think so? Our team was barely functioning BEFORE Clinkscale got hurt in the UGAg game. Do you GO'L would have suited up and played QB? Or would he have found some way to sabotage UGag's all senior o-line and an O hitting on all cylinders?
As a thread on the Hive notes, we have beaten them worse than that, more than once. Let's face it, they were loaded and they were a lot better than we were. Coaching didn't win or lose that game, it was just a plain blow-out by a superior team.

Back