Gailey show tidbits...

Axe

Flats Noob
...I was working while listening so here are the tidbits I remember just off the top of my head.

1. Will Heller looks great, pro scouts have shown some interest. He is playing well. Foschi, Heller, and Lee look very solid. Williams and Cooper still have plenty of work to do.

2. Nate Curry is expected back by Clemson or BYU.

3. Jimmy Dixon is playing well at FB. He might have found a home. If the season started today, Dixon would be starting FB.

4. Coach Gailey is excited about the defense, says they can really run and that is what our scheme is going to be about.

5. Marvious is expected back full-time next week. A good corner but needs to get back on the field.

6. Tommy Raye is working the special teams units hard. Wes says Raye has lots of new ideas and thinks we will be impressed when we see his new scheme this fall. We will put more emphasis on making plays on special teams. Raye is working the kickers hard!

7. CG expects Vandy will look pretty much like Furman did. We should expect to see option attack and quick passing game.

8. Mentioned Tony Hargrove at end and says he is playing really well. Besides Gathers, he mentioned Holiday and Henderson at the DE position.

9. In regards to the offense, he said he wouldn't be involved with the x and o stuff too much. He will focus on personnel and how to make the most of what we've got.

10. Said we will always recruit speed on defense. We are going to try and grow LBs into DEs and DEs into DTs, etc. Said there are very few 290 lbs kids coming out of HS that can really help you. There are a few but not many. You need to bring in the good athletes at 260 and grow them up.

He was real upbeat and sounded like he was having fun.

More:

Jermaine Hatch is still coming along. He is just working on getting comfortable with his knee again and running like he was 2 years ago. The coaches are looking for him to really start to get it going in 2-3 weeks.

looking for him to really start to get it going in 2-3 weeks.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Curry, Hatch, Hester, Gathers, Smith, Ford, ....

Makes you almost wish the season didn't start for 2-3 weeks.

Missed the show
pat.gif
Thanks much for the recap!!

Are we getting carried away with Ford, Gathers, and Smith?

I'm starting to see why coached are cautious about giving out any info on injuries.
wink.gif

We need Hester to get back in practice. Sounds good that he's suppose to be back all the way next week. Is that enough time to get him ready for first game? I don't know. It's not like he hasn't practiced any. Just not a lot.

When Curry and Hatch get back all the way it's going to be a big plus, but there are guys to carry the load while they are not.

Gathers..... I wouldn't worry about that big guy. He has missed very little practice.

Smith.....which Smith are you talking about? Freddie or Daryl? Wouldn't worry about either one of them either.

Gathers and the Smiths have practiced a tone and will be ready to go.

Glad to hear G. Johnson will be ready to go as well. That's big plus.

Ford will be fine. He got his bell rung. He was out at Rocky Mtn last night. My guess is when practice starts tomorrow he'll be 100%.

This is football.
grin.gif

Back