Gailey told the players after the game...

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
loosely quoted...."If this one does not hurt you deeply, then you need to quit football and get out of the game."

He challenged the seniors to get everyone re-focused for a bowl game...and told the underclassmen to remember this game and "let it gnaw at you all year so that you can make amends next year at home."

I wonder what he told the mirror and the rest of the coaching staff?
wink.gif
wink.gif

they got us this year, we'll have to show the dogs how to roll over next year.
TECH did win us all a BOWL GAME this year!
So...ONWARD AND UPWARD!!! GO TECH!!!!
FIGHT! WIN! FIGHT!!

71Bee, I'll guarantee he said the exact same thing. Any other stupid questions?

NCJacket,

Little testie this morning? We all are.

With a bit of misplaced humor, I was trying to say that when a team has a complete meltdown in every aspect of the game the fault lies 100% with the coaches not with the players.

It is pretty clear to me from the origional posting (who knows here what was really said) that Gailey was putting it on the kids.

Any implication that this was the players needs to be put aside now. The blame falls totally on Chan Gailey's head.

I am so sick of him putting it all on players. Why did he allow a couple of days off before this game? Where is the discipline? Blame starts at the top.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
71Bee, I'll guarantee he said the exact same thing. Any other stupid questions?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">yeah but did he listen? This wasnt his first poorly coached game this year. It was just the most obvious

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Where is the discipline?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's sadly lacking this year.

Where did he put it all on the players? He made a perfectly legitimate statement IMO. If any of our players aren't pissed they should quit. Coaches too.

How come we expect him to motivate the players but he isn't allowed to challenge them? I can understand people who don't like GC but our criticisms are all over the board.

Personally I don't care one way or the other about Chan. I am for whoever is the coach at GT. I am concerned with some of what I say this year but also happy with some of what went on. I think he was in a very tough situation for a number of reasons. Did he get at A in his first year? NO. Did we suck at Ugag? YES. Am I satisfied? NO. Do we need to start over? NO.

Back