Game 1 News - Clemson

Article on 247, non-pay, from Monday.

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-spring-practice-offense--130519134/

— Wide receiver Justyn Ross is repping at the "2-man," formerly occupied by Amari Rodgers last season.
— Tight end remains a major question mark
— the offensive line is more experienced and just on a different level in terms of knowing what do compared to last year at this time.

"I would say the biggest thing is just Trevor seeing the entire field and seeing things that are happening," Scott said this spring. "The best thing for him is going against Brent Venables every day. Because they're going show you one look and they're going to change it pre-snap and then change it a third time post-snap.

"You don't want to let up as a coach with him."

An upset is too much to ask.
But I'm pretty sure we're not going to have to listen to a defeatist attitude from Geoff Collins deflecting a poor offensive scheme that recruits don't want to play in, to how "..that's apples and oranges, comparing Tech to Clemson..." "Clemson has much better facilities, more money, blah. blah. blah."
Collins knows Clemson should enjoy the easy win while they can. It ain't gonna' be that easy in 3-4.

An upset is too much to ask.
But I'm pretty sure we're not going to have to listen to a defeatist attitude from Geoff Collins deflecting a poor offensive scheme that recruits don't want to play in, to how "..that's apples and oranges, comparing Tech to Clemson..." "Clemson has much better facilities, more money, blah. blah. blah."
Collins knows Clemson should enjoy the easy win while they can. It ain't gonna' be that easy in 3-4.
It ain't gonna be easy this year. Clemson has little idea what is coming. They are gonna know they have been in a fight.

If we get blown out, I won't take that to mean anything. It's a rebuild and it's been 5 years since we've beaten them.

If we can compete and make them sweat a little bit and not just get dominated like the past 4 times we played then I'll take that as a very positive sign. Especially if we cover.

If we can make it a close game and keep it close till the 4th quarter, I will be very happy and optimistic.

If we manage to somehow win a close game, even on a crazy fluke play, I will be ecstatic.

If we manage to win by 28+, I will be pleased but at the same time disappointed that we didn't get a taste of real competition in week 1. How will we know how a CGC coached team responds to adversity? IMO this is the worst outcome.

If we manage to hang 222 on them I will be satisfied at least until week 2 rolls around.

If we manage to hang 222 on them I will be satisfied at least until week 2 rolls around.

I will be very upset at our last game of the season at BDS when we only score 221. How can we miss the all time scoring record on the flats by one point? What is going on here? Dammit. Call a time out and try an extra long field goal or something. Hand the ball to Juanyeh and tell him to run to the opponent's endzone and don't let anyone tackle him.

I will be very upset at our last game of the season at BDS when we only score 221. How can we miss the all time scoring record on the flats by one point? What is going on here? Dammit. Call a time out and try an extra long field goal or something. Hand the ball to Juanyeh and tell him to run to the opponent's endzone and don't let anyone tackle him.

That Juanyeh play could actually work

I was there.

Also for all the other wins that year.

But it was in Birmingham.

I was there as well. I thought we were on the way to a really good season. If I recall correctly we lost to a hapless Memphis State team the next week and didn't win again.

Back