GAMES LAST NITE

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
I've been to Tech Games since 47 and the seats I had in 121 were the worst seats I've ever had. But to get to the real point Vandy just plain quit! They played like they just wanted to get the game over and get out of town. At about the 8 min mark of the 2nd qtr. I noticed a complete lack of playing spirit. And to put it simply they just plain quit!! Sure they were over matched, out coached, Tech was more physical and faster to the ball but QUIT. The Probation conference did not aquit itself well with Vandy last evening. I have respect for VU but Johnson had better get his act together or he'll be looking for a job soon. Hope I'm not being to harsh but just my observations of VU last night.

You may be right, but then again, I am not sure they could have done any more against Tech's defense. If Tech dominates Connecticut this week in the same manner, chalk it up to a superior defense.

Also, we do have a very good offensive line. If Hollings, a defensive back can come in and beat out Ford, Hatch, Dixon, Clinkscale, etal, he must be a special talent.

I saw glimpses of a very good football team yesterday. Take away the many false starts by the offensive line, and there was a real machine on the field yesterday.

This may be unrestrained exuberance, but the team looked very good yesterday.

wink.gif

I tend to agree with oldfoggy - Vandy was demoralized early in the game. I'm going to reserve judgement until we play someone with equal talent (Clemson or BYU should be good tests).

I'm proud of the jackets and they beat a bad team the way a bad team needs to be beat.
bigthumbup.gif

Oldfoggy, I'd be surprised if your tickets were worse than mine
smile.gif
- I was buried away with the band (at least I could hear them - apparently, some couldn't).

Lol what do you mean if Tech dominates UConn? That is a mulligan game. BC doesn't have the team speed we do nor the offensive talent.

I told you guys last week Tech would romp in this game and predicted 42 -13 would be the score. I was darn close.

45 - 10 Tech over by half time.

Great game but I do kinda feel sorry for Vandy.
With apologies to any 'dores still reading the TECH boards but they they look pitiful. I guess Johnsons mainly thinkng about recruiting and rebuilding for the future. Good game, Vandy, and best of luck.

Gnat67, I believe you just committed an oxymoron. You said, "Vandy looked pitiful, and good game Vandy"?

wink.gif

I wouldn't write off UConn so easily. I expect us to win, probably big.

BC is usually a good team and the fact they beat UConn by only 8 points leads me to believe that UConn may be more competitive than we think. Let's see what happens next week.

I was really glad to read about the Jackets great performance.

Back