Gator

lil'jacket

Varsity Lurker
I know that the Gator bowl is on our minds. And many people are saying that if we beat Duke and UNC we will play UVA for a trip to go to the Gator Bowl, but has anyone looked at UVA's scedule. They still have to play Maryland and NC State. They could loose to one of those teams which puts us in a really good position for the Gator Bowl. So the weekend we should all be watching the UVA vs. NC State game

This talk is premature. If you want to talk about a realistic bowl, let't talk Continental Tire Bowl. Out of Clemson, UM, and UVA, two of them will fill the Gator and Peach. Hope for the Tangerine, but expect the Tire Bowl.

I hope to eat my own words, but I'm probably right.

I still think this team has to "prove it again" and beat Duke and Carolina. These games are not gimmes for this team.

If we do I think we're going to the Tangerine. Maryland is going to win out (Gator), UVa is going to stumble against State, VPI and Maryland (Boise), Clemson will split (Peach), and NCST will win one more and go to the Tire bowl (Charlotte would love that).

We have gotten into sooo much trouble beefore talking about these bowls way to early. We ALWAYS have a terrible time at Puke u. We do not play there well. We have got to focus and changed that around. Do you think they will never win a game again? We have got to focus on only that. As regards UwhiNE&Cheese, they have been very close on a lot of big games. Anyone remember a 1-10 GT team beating Bama? Anyone remember a terrible GT team blowing out an undefeated USC team. WE HAVE NOT ARRIVED YET, WE HAVE IMPROVED. This season could still come crumbling down if we are not ready every down.

Like most if not all long time Tech fans, I too fear the letdown that the Duke game represents.

Before the season began, most everyone stated goals that CG needed to meet in order to stay here as coach. Up to this point, Chan has done well in achieving the goals I laid out..... Team hustle, and steady improvement by the team being the biggest.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could also be known as a coach that won the games he was suppose to win? That sounds easy enough, but it isn't according to the recent history at Tech.

Our next 2 games are huge for Chan, and the team.
By winning the games we are suppose to the rest of the year, this will be one of the most rewarding seasons for this fan in recent history.

Oh yeah, he needs to attone for last year's 12/1 debacle too.
smile.gif

Duke is looking large. Too bad we have to wait a-whole-nother week. We should be dying to play football by then.

They, on the other hand, get an all-expense paid trip to Knoxville this week. If UT knocks the stuffings out of 'em it could help us out.

Irrespective of all that though, our job has to be to be prepared. 100%.

The bottom line is that we cant afford to look past anyone.. Duke returns nearly all of their starters from last year, and although there has been turmoil in Durham.. they will play us a good game..maybe even beat us if we dont go to play..

I think we could be 5-6 going into Georgia as easily as we could be 8-3 going into Georgia.. we have to play each game.. beating the Snobs in Va will be tough

What do I think? I think we will be 8-3 going into the game with the Mutts.. they will be 8-3 as well..

For that to happen, we have to continue to play good defense.. but the O-line has to open up holes for us to run, I have been somewhat disappointed here, I wish we were more dominant on the O-Line.. and I wish Ball could get a little more accurate on the mid to long pass routes, along with our receivers getting a little more separation on those routes as well.. I wish we could get to the point where we could hit 2-3 30+ yard pass plays a game.. just a couple of those could do wonders for our running game..

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
This talk is premature. If you want to talk about a realistic bowl, let't talk Continental Tire Bowl. Out of Clemson, UM, and UVA, two of them will fill the Gator and Peach. Hope for the Tangerine, but expect the Tire Bowl.

I hope to eat my own words, but I'm probably right.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YOU ARE SO WRONG. YOU ARE SOME GEEK IN SAVANNAH WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. As BLACK WATCH said the other day, IF WE WIN THE NEXT 3 GAMES, WE WILL GO TO THE GATOR BOWL....PERIOD. It is "gauranteed."

You are probably a dawg fan in disguise. You and beeware would make a good pair.

I hope to eat my own words, but I'm probably right.[/qb][/QUOTE]YOU ARE SO WRONG. YOU ARE SOME GEEK IN SAVANNAH WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. As BLACK WATCH said the other day, IF WE WIN THE NEXT 3 GAMES, WE WILL GO TO THE GATOR BOWL....PERIOD. It is "gauranteed."

You are probably a dawg fan in disguise. You and beeware would make a good pair.[/QB][/QUOTE]

WOW!!!!! as the old saying goes: A BIT DOG ALWAYS HOLLERS...Your TOO young to remember that one....

As to BOR there is NO comparison too Chiliiii....Ive always agreed with most of BOR...sounds like he knows something about feetball....As to Chiliii...not the case.....I dont think he ever strapped the gear on....Only good for going up to Athens last weekend and looking like a geek...

Originally posted by lil'jacket:
I know that the Gator bowl is on our minds. And many people are saying that if we beat Duke and UNC we will play UVA for a trip to go to the Gator Bowl, but has anyone looked at UVA's scedule. They still have to play Maryland and NC State. They could loose to one of those teams which puts us in a really good position for the Gator Bowl. So the weekend we should all be watching the UVA vs. NC State game
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Im an optimist...Im with you..our sights need to be the GATOR..Meaning we aim to win all 3 remaining ACC games....Now we DO take one game at a time and im sure Chan will take that approach...BUT if we win out our chances for the GATOR (Read the ajc today) are VERY good...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
[QB/]
WOW!!!!! as the old saying goes: A BIT DOG ALWAYS HOLLERS...Your TOO young to remember that one....

As to BOR there is NO comparison too Chiliiii....Ive always agreed with most of BOR...sounds like he knows something about feetball....As to Chiliii...not the case.....I dont think he ever strapped the gear on....Only good for going up to Athens last weekend and looking like a geek...[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think Chili was just kidding around. He knows I am all knowing AND that I am a Tech fan.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

As to BOR there is NO comparison too Chiliiii....Ive always agreed with most of BOR...sounds like he knows something about feetball....As to Chiliii...not the case.....I dont think he ever strapped the gear on....Only good for going up to Athens last weekend and looking like a geek...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think you need to lighten up a bit and not take everything so literally.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The only thing that should be on our minds is how we are going to win our next 3 games.

...[/qb][/QUOTE]I think you need to lighten up a bit and not take everything so literally.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thunder...You are right...

Thanks for reminding me....

Back