General question about the large gathering ban in GA and sports

beej67

new around here
The 50 person gathering ban is technically still in effect, and has been for a while:

Does anyone know the language in the ban, and how they're allowed to have attendees for football games? High school football, for instance, has more than 50 players on the field alone. Are there carve-outs for certain events, or does it only apply to indoor gatherings, or what?

edit:
to be clear I am personally in favor of lifting the ban entirely, I don't think it works particularly well especially for outdoor activities, but I was wondering specifically about whether things like sports got a carve out in the wording of the ban, or whether there were other details in the ban that permitted certain activities. Could we do outdoor concerts under the current ban?

BeerNutts

Not a Noob
At Johnny's Hideaway Saturday night, there was a s**t-load more than 50 people there lol

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
The 50 person gathering ban is technically still in effect, and has been for a while:

Does anyone know the language in the ban, and how they're allowed to have attendees for football games? High school football, for instance, has more than 50 players on the field alone. Are there carve-outs for certain events, or does it only apply to indoor gatherings, or what?

edit:
to be clear I am personally in favor of lifting the ban entirely, I don't think it works particularly well especially for outdoor activities, but I was wondering specifically about whether things like sports got a carve out in the wording of the ban, or whether there were other details in the ban that permitted certain activities. Could we do outdoor concerts under the current ban?
Expired yesterday?

Order 1.29.21.02 provides additional guidance for “Empowering A Healthy Georgia.” The Order, which is in effect from February 1, 2021 through February 15, 2021, maintains previous guidelines from Orders 12.08.20.01 and 11.30.20.02, including outlining social distancing guidelines, a ban on gatherings of more than 50 people unless individuals remain six feet apart

goldbybirth

This space for rent

edit:
It said a limit of 50 people unless they maintain a 6 foot separation.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I believe this language is what makes it technically ok:

"No business, establishment, corporation, organization or local government shall allow gatherings of 50+ people in a single location if to be present, persons are required to stand or be seated within 6 feet of any other person."

Just an assumption but I think they can probably "prove" that they can safely house X,000 people without them being required to be within 6' of one another. Whatever they choose to do once they are inside is up to the attendee.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like

edit:
I'm with you, Beej. Lift the ban.