General Wood, please introduce yourself

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
First of all, thanks for the insight into the inter workings of GTAA.

It would help us to put your comments in perspective if we knew a little more about you.

Without disclosing any information that might dampen your posting candor, could you share with us some of your background and the nature of your sources.

For a fellow in Memphis, you seem much closer to what’s happening inside GTAA than anyone posting from Atlanta; or the media for that matter. But that's not saying much in this town.

I had to do some recon, and Tunica isn't too far away. Check your messages

No General Wood, my agenda is not to expose you. I don’t have an agenda, other than wishing the best for my school, Georgia Tech.

But as you I’m sure have read here and on the Hive, more than a few posters here have their own agendas. Some of our posters, to further their own agenda, will spin much from half-truths.

I don't know if you have an agenda or not. But I am interested in clear insight, like my whiskey. But I won't be jumping on any bandwagons till I have the whole picture.

Some of us, in numbers fewer by the minute, are still trying to sort through all the information and draw objective conclusions.

Based upon your note, I’ll take your posting with a considerable amount of salt.

Sorry for the inactivity, but someone said Elvis was spotted @ the Cheetah, and it took a little time to get back from Memphis
wink.gif

First the answer to FW
1) How does someone get fired at the AA? It seems by doing your job and having a TECH degree doesn't help. Look at Kent Hill, Lawton Hydrick, Ted Roof, Thomas Stephens, Frank Roper, Woodie Milam, Tom Covington, Jason Godwin and Jeff Mathis. All Tech alums who had true passion for the place. not to mention countless other people who didn't kiss the ring.

If you are inept and a total "yes" man, you have a chance of sticking.

Here goes the questions from NCJ
A)daily reports were turned into position coaches & head coach. A weekly report summarized class/tutoring/study hall attendance.
B)The academic advisors would send letters during the HR Days, asking if it was OK to write/call/drop by/etc.
c)Moore is over all academics for all athletes
d) they flunked courses/were "DROPPED". The satifactory progress does get filled out until before the fall for football (compliance)
e) all the freshman definitely were. The upperclassmen could participate on warning.
f) they were more than likely "dropped" and had to petition the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for reinstatement. No more than 25% of satisfactory progress can be gained during the summer.
g)no, and no
h)it can be hours/gpa/standing/satisfactory progress, but only the first three at this stage of the year
i)they can participate on warning. The next stage is probation then drop. there is a gray area called "review". Look in your course catalog for details. someone posted them this morning.

fire away...i'm in a giving mood

I used to work at the AA when I was a student and worked for the first AcadAdvisor GS. If you are old enough to remember Goose, you know I have been lurking for awhile

Only a few more questions tonight. Bed check is soon for the General

71..i didn't mean to slight you in any way. I enjoy your realism.

Back