"GEORGIA is a real sleeper team"

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Honestly, how many times do I have to hear this crap down here in Savannah? :mad:

I've probably heard it about 10 times from different folks down here.

Same thing for the Atlanta GT fans?

Anytime UGA should be good, they are the favorites. Anytime UGA isn't expected to be good, they are sleepers. Same stuff, different year. I just hope the ginger ninja plays so we don't hear the excuses tomorrow night

I can never understand how TRUE football fans or people in general who know the game can't see how they aren't

Granted I hate'em as much as the next and wouldn't root for'em in Ping Pong.

They're gonna be an 8 win team I think ... and that's if they lose to Ole Miss.

If Martinez can remotely improve on D from last year and Cox can just manage the game they're going to suprise a lot of people.

Joe Cox is a stud that's been locked up. I watched him in HS and unless he's just gone to hell in a handbasket the last 4 yrs he'll impress folks. Not to mention he's got a HEALTHY line at this point which will do nothing but help him.

Just my opinion and don't get it twisted I'd love for them to fall flat on their face, I just don't see it really happening

The thing that gets me is those dumbasses think UGAg is an elite program. Elite programs don't have down seasons. Elite teams aren't sleeper teams. Elite team don't have to hope that they're gonna have an excellent year...

But as they put it... "With all the five star guys..." they are ready to reload. RIIIGHT... Clearly, they don't understand that the rating services cater to the largest group of people that subscribe to their services. Therefore, they are going to tell them that everyone of their guys is a 5 star guy so that those idiots will keep lining the services pockets.. Otherwise, the only reason for them under-achieving every year is b/c their coach under-achieves b/c he is more worried about his thinning hair and his tan than coaching a good football team... Oh well, f- em...

The thing that gets me is those dumbasses think UGAg is an elite program. Elite programs don't have down seasons. Elite teams aren't sleeper teams. Elite team don't have to hope that they're gonna have an excellent year...

How the hell do you not think they're elite? They've been a perennial top 10 team for the last 10 yrs (with the exception of last year)

I hate to admit it, but there's a reason that they are on all HS Stud's list at some point. They are a TOP TIER College Football program...that's elite.

Mark Richt has avg 10 wins for his career there...that's elite.

They've been to 13 or 14 Straigh Bowl Games and are tied with us in that regard....that's elite

I only wish that "when it comes to football" we could be considered what they are. We're Well on our way...but not quite there yet regardless of that beating we gave them last year.

Word of Mouth goes a helluva long way.

But as they put it... "With all the five star guys..." they are ready to reload. RIIIGHT... Clearly, they don't understand that the rating services cater to the largest group of people that subscribe to their services. Therefore, they are going to tell them that everyone of their guys is a 5 star guy so that those idiots will keep lining the services pockets.. Otherwise, the only reason for them under-achieving every year is b/c their coach under-achieves b/c he is more worried about his thinning hair and his tan than coaching a good football team... Oh well, f- em...

Last year was the first year they've underachieved slick. They damn well could've won the BCS had they been given the opportunity in 07. They were the hottest team and playing the best at that time.

Richt's won over 80 games in his tenure. 2 BCS Bowls

I understand we hate them as TECH fans, but dude....they've been a top tier team since he got there.

As a football fan, I don't like'em but I respect them.

If I was a player or coach...they'd be the one of the first teams I circled on a scheduled and would damn sure be ready to play against

uga doesnt play ole miss this year, so i doubt they lose to them. i do think uga could easily lose 5 games this year. ok state, florida, lsu, and ga tech they will be the underdog and @ arkansas, tennessee, and uscE won't be easy wins. if they lost 7 games i'd go nuts.

Fan - Respect - Other?

In the eyes of non-biased observers .....

Georgia can never be considered a Sleeper. I consider a Sleeper as a team that exceeds expectations. Our beloved Yellow Jackets were Sleepers last season. This season will determine if last year was a fluke or the start of something special @ GT.

UGA has had a steady stream of pedigree players year after year for the last 10 years. While the teams have had strong winning records, I consider UGA to be "underachievers".

UGA 2009 v 2008 ..... Do not expect a tremendous drop @ QB, RB, or any other position in Athens. UGA has a stable full of talented players, but are they a talented TEAM?

In the '80s and '90's, this was somewhat true at Florida State with Bobby Bowden. He always picked up the best talent available, but I cannot say he dominated (again - an underachiever).

I guess this is much a like a pick up game on the street, but this is the deal .....

20 kids want to play --- I pick the first 10 and you get the rest --- Let's play ball. If I do not consistently dominate, I am an underachiever. If you win or consistently play close, you are an overachiever.

Fan v Respect v Nothing

We can be a fan of any team(s) for many reasons. How many of us are fans of our HS Football Team? Well, most likely, 50% of us will have winning records this year and 50% of us will have losing records this year ..... but we remain fans!

Respect is earned and is based upon individual perceptions. I have always respected (and been a fan of) the military academys. I pulled for Army, Navy, and AFA in season when I hoped they could play .500 football. Yes, most seasons, they were overachievers.

Nothing ..... I am not a UGA fan.
I typically respect programs of character and/or overachievers. To me, UGA does not fit here.
I do not hate UGA (I hate no one). UGA is just another team.
BUT ----- Each time a team I respect or like plays the Puppies, I pull for UGA's opponent. Very similar to the old saying .... I am a fan of 2 teams ..... "GT and whoever is playing UGA".

Go Jackets.

Honestly, how many times do I have to hear this crap down here in Savannah? :mad:

I've probably heard it about 10 times from different folks down here.

Same thing for the Atlanta GT fans?

Guess they slept right thru that OSU game yesterday.

UGA's problem is Richt is afraid to hire quality assistants. I think he rather have continuity at the expense of having talented coordinators.

Exactly. I don't pull for UGA, I don't like UGA, I don't respect the program --I'm only a grad and that's all I'll ever have in affiliation with them.

I do think that UGA is a good program --they are. But they are not among the elite, but so many of their never-been-in-a-lecture-hall-but-I-know-where-the-UGA-graves-are-located fans think that they are.

Back