Georgia State Football Stadium

gnats67

Dodd-Like
"dangerous"
That's code
And transparent. There are a lot of area codes around the ATL that you would be highly advised not to wander into after dark. That one down around Atlanta Stadium, think they called it Georgia Homes or something, was always "dicey." Don't get me wrong, lots of good folks, but the kind of a place that could turn on a dime.

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
It's literally the least aesthetic stadium in the country. Its wonky ass diagonal bleachers, the scoreboard in a corner, some seats are on top of the field, while some are a long walking distance away, zero history, and stands that can't ever be used in some areas due to being almost a football field away from the football field.

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
is their stadium better than BDS?

Let’s discuss
BDS @ HGF is a much better looking venue for football, never seen a multi use stadium that I like they just do not work for football.
BDS@HGF has a much better history too.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
is their stadium better than BDS?

Let’s discuss
I don’t know. But I’d love to see a merger between Tech and GSU. That’s the only hope we will ever see another NC in the current landscape of CFB.

I know... “Big Cry”. But you know it’s the truth.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I don’t know. But I’d love to see a merger between Tech and GSU. That’s the only hope we will ever see another NC in the current landscape of CFB.
If you believe academics are the biggest hurdle for Tech, changing admissions to college-based instead of Institute-based would be the better solution. Then add some majors like "digital marketing" or "digital communications" to Ivan Allen.

That's easier, cheaper, in-line with GT's mission, and least impact to the quality of the degree or college ranking.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If you believe academics are the biggest hurdle for Tech, changing admissions to college-based instead of Institute-based would be the better solution. Then add some majors like "digital marketing" or "digital communications" to Ivan Allen.

That's easier, cheaper, in-line with GT's mission, and least impact to the quality of the degree or college ranking.
Academics are ONE of the hurdles—- probably the biggest.
Money and fan support are among the others. GSU would help tremendously with both those.
Tennessee, South Carolina, Miami and FSU have easier academics and much richer AD nuggets and fan support than GT does. And they currently struggle to compete at the P5 level for championships.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
Just look at it.
Look at that and just try to say it looks better than BDS.
Holy öööö that's hideous. I take back whatever I said positive about that stadium in my previous posts.

baruman

Varsity Lurker

I know... “Big Cry”. But you know it’s the truth.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Crazy old people. The mergers are done.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
And transparent. There are a lot of area codes around the ATL that you would be highly advised not to wander into after dark. That one down around Atlanta Stadium, think they called it Georgia Homes or something, was always "dicey." Don't get me wrong, lots of good folks, but the kind of a place that could turn on a dime.
Have you been to Atlanta since 1986?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/atlant.../9/25/20883844/summerhill-development-atlanta

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...ur-summerhill/lLhuphxMgjWR8lhcCj5KfM/amp.html

https://www.globest.com/2019/09/18/...orhoods-former-glory/?slreturn=20190906162443

A Zillow search shows no single family homes for sale in Summerhill for less than $315k.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
Hint: hard seats and can't be renovated because of ADA.

Hmmmm...

Lol

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
My sister's stepdaughter and husband lived in one of those $$$ developments near Grant Park. Any outdoor stuff not chained to the porch was gonna get stolen. They finally moved to Dunwoody

baruman

Varsity Lurker
My sister's stepdaughter and husband lived in one of those $$$ developments near Grant Park. Any outdoor stuff not chained to the porch was gonna get stolen. They finally moved to Dunwoody
Cool story Bro.
Crime is non existent in Dunwoody...
*eyeroll*