Georgia State Football Stadium

baruman

Varsity Lurker
It’s a dump. They should have built a massive parking deck in the outfield to keep up with the commuter school theme.
We are not done genius. And I'll take the 45k chair backs and 250k square feet of suite and office space any day.

There have been 3 or 4 commercials filmed there since July. Seems a lot of people including national advertisers and ESPN don't think it sucks.

MGYSGT GRITS

Varsity Lurker
I’m just asking because I have never been to Turner football field. Obviously I’m not talking about history.. I’m talking about the actual stadium itself.. there have been several on here complaining about BDS fan experience and how it sucks

It’s a simple question panty wads

Great question. Some real goobs on here. 14 year season ticket holder at Tech so piss off you that tell him its a dumb question.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
Great question. Some real goobs on here. 14 year season ticket holder at Tech so piss off you that tell him its a dumb question.
I ask myself the same question about different stadiums all the time. But some people see everything as a threat.

#MorosEnLaCosta

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
We are not done genius. And I'll take the 45k chair backs and 250k square feet of suite and office space any day.

There have been 3 or 4 commercials filmed there since July. Seems a lot of people including national advertisers and ESPN don't think it sucks.
There are various reasons why things are shot in places and being nice isn't necessarily a reason.

Hell, where I work we have had a few major films, television shows, and other productions shot here in the past year. We aren't the most pleasing to the eye, either.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
If you really want us to look like that, I have laid out plans for us to look more like the Georgia State Stadium.
You forgot to angle the south endzone seats so that they're facing the back corner of the endzone rather than midfield.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Are they planning to remove the right field bleachers and close off the stadium or is the plan to keep the option to go back to baseball?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Are they planning to remove the right field bleachers and close off the stadium or is the plan to keep the option to go back to baseball?
I don't think they can go back to baseball very easily - those stands that run across the outfield seem pretty permanent (like, made of concrete, I think - I went to the GSU/KSU game last year).

JRjr

baruman

Varsity Lurker
There are various reasons why things are shot in places and being nice isn't necessarily a reason.

Hell, where I work we have had a few major films, television shows, and other productions shot here in the past year. We aren't the most pleasing to the eye, either.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
I don't think they can go back to baseball very easily - those stands that run across the outfield seem pretty permanent (like, made of concrete, I think - I went to the GSU/KSU game last year).

JRjr
Not going back to baseball. The baseball park will be where Atlanta Fulton County Stadium stood across the street.

It's a money issue. It was estimated at $9M to remove lower level RF seats and the RF upper level. That was 4 years ago so almost certainly more now. The plan is to build a second level over the new east stands. Some other possible solution would involve removing the lower level RF and leaving the club and upper levels in rack and building a new 200 level over the existing new 100 level east stands up to the club level. At any rate our AD has voiced that it's not a priority on their task list as the list was / is, Football Operations Center (done), Convocation Center (in design), soccer complex (in progress) , baseball stadium (tbd).

...and yes the east stands are concrete and permanent.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
Compared to the dump where Georgia State's stadium is, yes, crime is non-existent.
So yeah you obviously haven't been down there in 20 years...

Lol.

You are precisely why I laughed when CGC started this 404 branding. Zero chance of working. I mean, if you have Atlanta how can you as a fan base recruit from the same areas you hate?

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
no one's keeping the option - it's too hard to recruit for it and kids don't want to play in it.

baruman

Varsity Lurker
No lie, that Tennessee game was great. It was also convenient all of your fans could fit in a shuttle van to Knoxville. By saving on transportation costs, you were winning before the game was even played.
Bless you heart. You must be the tiniest troll under your particular bridge. And BTW you don't want to talk about fans and butts in seats this year. Plenty of GSU fans have been to your home games this year and taken pics.

USF game
*jaw drop*