Giff Smith (GT DL coach) going to Southern...

SMoney

Dodd-Like
For those that don't follow the hive, there is a post stating that just heard on 790, Giff Smith is going to be the next head coach of GA Southern. So, looks like we will have a change in our staff, just not in the OC or ST spot at this time...

***don't know if this is official or anything, just what's being reported***

Good for him, not so good for us. DL was a definite strength, and I can only assume he was somewhat responsible for that. Good luck to him, and stay the hell away from our recruits :).

Hmmm, the Southern coach was fired yesterday. Today, Smith is apparrantly the new guy. Sounds like both parties have been friendly for a while.
Not saying anything bad about Smith. If all true, big day for him and his family!
Hopefully, there is an OC and ST coach prospect waiting for the phone to ring from area code 404.

As RP said, find your own kids!!

Glad we had him here while we did and I hope the best for him in his new job. God speed.

[ QUOTE ]
Glad we had him here while we did and I hope the best for him in his new job. God speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this is true guys....he may be a candidate...but he is not the new head coach. 790 is rarely correct about anything.

btw...GaSouthern is his alma mater.

Back