Golden's buyout

Are you saying that aStingtalk poster is a "very valid source"?

No. I'm not talking about the person whoever said he was there this week. I assume it is true, but I don't know that for fact. I'm talking about my source on the fact that UM has been in contact with him since Oct 4th.

:bowrofl:
Sorry, way too many Butches. Butch Davis is who I was talking about. A show-cause order isn't coming any time soon for Butch Jones.
Mark Mangino just got canned at Iowa State. Or how about another heavyweight, Charlie Weiss?

Was actually thinking the same thing, man Paul sure is loaded and getting paid for nothing.
Wasn't Hewitt a stock broker or investment banker before he got into coaching? I know he's got siblings that are doctors/lawyers.

Miami needs a big hire, not another up-and-comer. Mark Stoops is a bad choice. They can't compete for Saban or Meyer. Jon Gruden ain't leaving the booth. Someone like Richt (not over-priced, working for a delusional fanbase that is ready to change ship) or Bob Stoops (not over-priced, used to blueballing fanbases like Miami apparently loves) would be good targets.

That $4 million dollars to NOT coach the rest of the year absolutely cannot be true.

Sorry, way too many Butches. Butch Davis is who I was talking about. A show-cause order isn't coming any time soon for Butch Jones.

Vols fans may give him one, saying he better show some wins cause they're real mad.

The bad - poor facilities, no stadium, no atmosphere, not a huge fan base, disgruntled alumni, limited resources

The good - tradition, recruiting hot bed, easy to get and keep players eligible.

58-0 inspires a lot of big donor butthurt for sure, but $4 million needs more circumstances than butthurt.

There are two reasons you pay $4 million. Most important is you think the team will salvage a decent record and save a coach you really really want gone. I assume Miami has a schedule that equates to a respectable final record. Or even better than respectable. Maybe even an ACCCG. Cannot fire Golden after an ACCCG.

Secondly, you don't jump early very often without a chute. This Richt smoke is very, very interesting because it ties everything together. If you have the guy you want lined up, then you cannot afford to let Golden salvage the season. That could blow up the whole deal in your face.

I won't say it's impossible, but I really, really doubt Richt leave UGA except to retire.

Look, here's what happened.

AlumniFBPlayerX: Golden has to be fired now

AD: Can't afford the buyout, sorry bro.

AlumniFBPlayerX: Hey I got together with AlumniFBPlayerY and AlumniFBPlayerZ, here's the cash for the buyout.

AlumniFBPlayerX: Hey I got together with AlumniFBPlayerY and AlumniFBPlayerZ, here's the cash for the buyout.

Yep. Rappers and NBA/NFL players usually end up broke.

#TooBadSoSad

Sitting at 4-3, they still have #22 Duke, UVA, UNC, GT, #23 Pitt.

Miami probably goes 3-2 in that stretch and gives a gutsy performance in a 23-16 loss in the Blockbuster Video Bowl. Next season they'll be picked 2nd in the Coastal since it'll be a rebuilding year.

Miami probably goes 3-2 in that stretch and gives a gutsy performance in a 23-16 loss in the Blockbuster Video Bowl. Next season they'll be picked 2nd in the Coastal since it'll be a rebuilding year.

More like 1-4. Maybe 0-5 and the circle will be complete.

That $4 million dollars to NOT coach the rest of the year absolutely cannot be true.

Golden might of gotten some special stuff in his contract to keep him happy after getting sanctioned right as he started, or something like that.

As I understand it, that's not to dissimilar to how Hewitt's time at GT came to a close. The donors had to pony up.

Back