Golly, GT has a slightly better team than Georgia

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been reading the Ajc's position-by-position analysis over the last 10 days or so & just don't see much overall difference. For the life of me, I certainly can't see why the media thinks GT will contend for 7th/8th in the ACC & Ga will contend for 2nd/3rd in the SEC-E. It very well may be the total opposite.
There is very little difference in the teams as far as overall talent goes & Tech probably has slightly more experience. Let's take a quick look at the AJC's breakdown:
1) 1st is the QB & here is where Ga has a huge advantage. Green is, plain-out, a proven winner. Super good b/u in Shockley. GT may start a true Fr. Unfortunately this is the most important position, but it takes many other players to win.
2) GT has a slight advantage here with a little exp from Daniels/Ez. Daniels is improving. Ga only has Milton with no more exp than Daniels. Milton is improving. Runners are about equal.
3) GT has a huge advantage in the OL. Exp everywhere & several players may be All-ACC. Big line for GT that can win games. Ga has no exp anywhere. Big line for Ga that can lose games.
4) TE is almost equal. Ga's Watson can catch & run, Foshi can really block. Good depth for GT with Cooper/D Williams. Only b/u for Ga is Brannon.
5) WR is again a toss-up with Ga having more depth (this helps) & GT having more speed. Smith & Curry are certainly equal to any 2 Ga has, which includes Gibson. GT's 3-6 may be a step away from Ga's 3-6.
6) DT leans slightly to Ga, DE leans slightly to GT. GT certainly has the best DE with Henderson. Ga has some depth, GT has no depth.
7) GT has a huge advantage at LB with vast experience & again 3 All-ACC calibre LBs. Ga has no/very little starting exp. Thurman is supposedly the Dogs best LB & he played JC ball last Fall.
CB is a paper thin advantage to Tech with exp Cox & talented Houston. Ga starts exp Thornton & Bryant. GT has some depth, Ga has some depth.
9) S is a paper thin adv to Ga with exp Sean Jones & an ex LB.
GT starts Butler & Landry who appear to be better than anything Ga has, but has never started a game.

I sure would like to sting the dogs this year. To make up for the beating we got last year.
GO TECH!!!!

Back