Good Article from Macon paper on Recruiting

There were a number of interesting comments in this article. He quotes CG as saying that AJ is the last drop back passing QB that Tech will have under his watch. Also, it was interesting to see that Greg Hill was still listed as a Tech recruit. I wonder if that is true? CG seemed to generally upbeat about recruiting, but coaches always are.

This doesn't seem to bode well for Bilbo.

If CG and staff are targeting o-lineman and QBs in recruiting, and CG says he's not looking for another drop-back passer, doesn't this imply that Bilbo is not the mobile QB the staff sees for the future of this team?

Originally posted by Beezoner:
This doesn't seem to bode well for Bilbo.

If CG and staff are targeting o-lineman and QBs in recruiting, and CG says he's not looking for another drop-back passer, doesn't this imply that Bilbo is not the mobile QB the staff sees for the future of this team?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NO IT DOESN'T!!!!! it doesn't imply anything about BILBO!!!!!!

Time out. Who's the 6th committment from? The 5 listed everywhere are Pena, Parker, Oliver, Tuminello & Wheeler. Any clues as to who the 6th committ is that they're talking about? They say 'his blue chippers hasn't come in yet' so does that mean yet another 'unknown'?

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Time out. Who's the 6th committment from? The 5 listed everywhere are Pena, Parker, Oliver, Tuminello & Wheeler. Any clues as to who the 6th committ is that they're talking about? They say 'his blue chippers hasn't come in yet' so does that mean yet another 'unknown'?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I just took the blue chip comment to mean that none of the public commitments were what they considered blue chippers. I have my guess as to who the other silent is. Could be very wrong. Honestly, I don't know. It's just a guess but maybe Grant. Could be way off honestly. To me Grant would be a blue chipper. Time will tell. The write up is using the word blue chip to refer to someone that's high in the recruiting services in my thinking. We've been around about that topic as well.
wink.gif

If it's so silent, how come everybody, but us GT fans, knows Tech has a 6th committment?

Originally posted by GT Ace:
If it's so silent, how come everybody, but us GT fans, knows Tech has a 6th committment?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Coach has stated so. The other 5 are public, so we know who they are. When coach says we have 6 that means 1 is silent.

Back