Good article on what Josh Nesbitt is up to

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
4th and Nesbitt wasn't a thing until he came along. When he was here and it was 4th and 1 or 2, just call the keeper and move the chains.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
“Kids were kind of shocked,” he said. “Do you ever yell? I’ve been through the game of football. I understand when a kid comes off the field, you don’t need me yelling in your ear, giving you another problem to worry about.
Yelling and berating players is so old school. I like these younger coaches who dont yell and focus more upon learning from your mistakes. I've seen both types coaching my son and the kids dont even want to play for the screamers.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice story and nice gig. (Georgia Lottery needs sales reps???)

User 10337

Yelling and berating players is so old school. I like these younger coaches who dont yell and focus more upon learning from your mistakes. I've seen both types coaching my son and the kids dont even want to play for the screamers.
Like with a lot of things, it’s situational and can be used as a tool to further or hinder your interests.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Assume you’re talking about coaches, but as someone who has coached, your statement would be even truer if you were talking about many of the kids’ parents.
I can see this. Kid can take some character building but parents are snowflakes and pull him off the team

Ish

Dodd-Like
Do you think, if another coach was leading the team without a magic offense, that Nesbitt could've made it as a Safety in the NFL?

I know he signed with Tech because we told him he'd play QB. Just curious

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Do you think, if another coach was leading the team without a magic offense, that Nesbitt could've made it as a Safety in the NFL?

I know he signed with Tech because we told him he'd play QB. Just curious
If CPJ didn’t take over the team, Nesbitt would have been as reviled as Reggie or as forgotten as Bilbo. He was too good a QB to switch positions and not accurate enough to consistently execute a Gailey offense. None of the coaches we were interviewing would have developed or moved him to safety either.

Last edited:

GT to AZ

Helluva Engineer
really showed the weakness of the TO there. 2 guys in the backfield before he pitched the ball. Thank the gods JfN was there.
Every system has strengths and weaknesses. We have some great memories thanks to that offense as it did some great things that haven't been done at GT in a while. Nesbitt was a beast at QB and was a whole lot of fun to watch.