"Good teams don't lose two in a row"

Next week's road game against a mediocre Pitt team will be a make-or-break - If we lose that one, full out "snowball rolling down hill" mode will be in effect.

I agree our defense is young, but we have hope for the future! With Freshman's Freeman, Austin Twins, incoming Recruits and JHD and K. Whitehead coming next year our Defense will be improved.... On Offense Justin Thomas is only going to get better!

2015 and 2016 we may special, and we still can win 9 to 10 games this year if we win our bowl game!

I agree our defense is young, but we have hope for the future! With Freshman's Freeman, Austin Twins, incoming Recruits and JHD and K. Whitehead coming next year our Defense will be improved.... On Offense Justin Thomas is only going to get better!

2015 and 2016 we may special, and we still can win 9 to 10 games this year if we win our bowl game!

This.

Look I try to stay positive too, but we have been saying next year is the year for about 5 years now.

Right now I am having horrific flashbacks to the 1999 season.

We were saying that based on "hope" with no real evidence to back it up. We knew we needed an explosive, tough QB like JfN, but Tevin, while good, wasn't the guy. Then we hitched our wagons to Vad's star, but did so based on a lot of talk and one good performance. Meanwhile, Groh's defense was abysmal with no glimmers of hope.

Now, we have JT5 and a pretty good indication that he's going to continue to improve. On defense, we see glimmers of good D with a clear need for depth on the line to help disrupt plays to get the DBs some room and time to work. This year feels more like 2008 to me - just skirting the edge of something really good, recognizing that next year is gonna be special.

And we have such a wonderful record of success in recent bowls, right now I am not sure we maintain the much ballyhooed bowl streak

Depends on which of those players they lose between now and then. This is GT so it's inevitable.

öööö straight. It is hard being a non alum GT fan, but I hang in there.

Well think of it this way. The losses just make the future wins that much sweeter. :biggrin:

Of course, I do have the advantage of not caring about a GT degree. They can dumb then öööö things down to FSU levels as far as I am concerned. I give exactly not a single öööö about the academic reputation of GT.

Well think of it this way. The losses just make the future wins that much sweeter. :biggrin:

Yep, I live for the day when our big brother in Athens gets tired of whipping our ass and doesn't take the game seriously and we sneak up behind them with a steel pole and "whap, whap, whap" and kick their ass. Then they turn around and beat the öööö out of us for a decade or so in retaliation, but I have my moment of glory.

We need to look at the remainder of 2014 as a development period for our younger players. We have a chance to win or lose all of the remaining games but I think we should make every effort to work on the future and take advantage of every opportunity to give work to the younger players. The priority is always to win but I think our talent level is pretty close between the veteran players and the up and comers. We also need to weed out the ones that are simply not making a contribution so we can recruit more players with higher potential.

Go Jackets!

Methinks you're smoking something funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait until next year in year seven does not cut it.

Yep, I live for the day when our big brother in Athens gets tired of whipping our ass and doesn't take the game seriously and we sneak up behind them with a steel pole and "whap, whap, whap" and kick their ass. Then they turn around and beat the öööö out of us for a decade or so in retaliation, but I have my moment of glory.

Man! it doesn't take alot to make you and coit happy does it? If that's all you're looking for, a victory over ugay every 10 years,that is a sad future!

Man! it doesn't take alot to make you and coit happy does it? If that's all you're looking for, a victory over ugay every 10 years,that is a sad future!

If you figure out any other way to beat them regularly, let us know. There is no substitute for physical superiority and UGAg will alway have that on us.

Back