"Good teams don't lose two in a row"

2015 and 2016 we may special, and we still can win 9 to 10 games this year if we win our bowl game!

I expect to get better, but with F$U and ND on tap for next year along with clemson, miami, vpi, and ugag, I'm not as optimistic.

Why include VT and Miami on that list? ESPN says we front loaded our schedule with patsies to get to 5-0.

We need to look at the remainder of 2014 as a development period for our younger players. We have a chance to win or lose all of the remaining games but I think we should make every effort to work on the future and take advantage of every opportunity to give work to the younger players. The priority is always to win but I think our talent level is pretty close between the veteran players and the up and comers. We also need to weed out the ones that are simply not making a contribution so we can recruit more players with higher potential.

Go Jackets!

I forget. Were you the guy who wanted to sacrifice the '12 season by starting Vad over Tevin for development of the younger player?

Historically, would it have even mattered?

With Vad starting instead of Tevin, we probably would have ended the bowl streak.

OTOH, Vad may have transferred a year earlier, but would Justin have been ready?

I think we would have lost several more games over two seasons.

With Vad starting instead of Tevin, we probably would have ended the bowl streak.
This is as bad as others dumping on Tevin.

Vad was the QB who beat UNC in a shootout to get us to 5 wins in 2012. Not Tevin. Vad also got us to a bowl last year over a similar schedule.

3 game losing streak in 2012 (Miami, MTSU, Clemson)

3 game losing streak in 2013 (VT, Miami, BYU)

3 game losing streak in 2013??? ( Duke, UNC, Pitt?) That would be the worst yet.

Good teams don't lose three in a row, because we're a good team and we're about to destroy Pitt

Back