Good, yet desperate move by Gailey

Originally posted by GTFan824:
Ms - ummmm no... you three have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING positive to say... so don't even start that crock.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THE 'THREE' number is IN YOUR DREAMS!!! And the dreaming continues about what we are about to face and why. I prefer not to dream but deal with reality - it makes it much better to feel the THUD when it happens!

Originally posted by GTFan824:
If Suggs starts I'm gonna have a lot of trouble holding interest in the team... sorry, but that's just the way it is.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">At least I have never said I wouldn't be there for the team under ANY situation - now who is calling the KETTLE BLACK????????????????

You obviously have a negative issue about what you think ABOUT SUGGS - that's a member of the team - just like Chan the Man! Hippocrit! Good word here~!

My idea is at the bottom of this post if you don't want to weed through my wordiness.

Well, here we go again...

This time, a registered non-FOCer notes(somewhat with a forked tounge)a good move by GT head coach Chan Gailey. He says (paraphrase here) this may very well be a move which will make Tech stronger this season thus giving Tech more opportunities for wins. As well he states (a loose translation) that this move may also show really how "tied" Coach Gailey's hands were last year at the QB position.

The problem here is...??????

That is what we began with; now the thread has turned into the same old crap. This is not to slam anyone; of late I have been one of the many to have defended GT's head coach and participated in such threads pointing out the inaccuracies and absurdities of some posters.

So here is an idea...

If in the midst of a thread you would like to call out any FOCers or the reverse, start a new thread with the subject line CRAP (Could i Respond Agressively to a Post) and maybe the person or thread to which you are responding. That way if you want to participate in the thread you can jump in and the other thread can continue talking about football. Feel free to disregard the CRAP post or enter in and feel free to call anyone involved a hypocrit(sic) or an embicile or a dreamer or an SOB or whatever.

...Just an idea to keep posts from being highjacked and to allow the free flow of logical debate (at least from one side of the fence
wink.gif
)

BeeBad wouldn't worry about any copyright infringement, unless it's MsTA.
wink.gif

Mrs TA..Beebad is a flamer and has been for a very long time on this board and on the Hive

Mrs TA..Beebad is a flamer and has been for a very long time on this board and on the Hive

Originally posted by spellingbee:
bdg,
It's not often that I come to your defense given the respective sides of the fence that you and I stand on, but...

I too thought you were actually giving some credit to Coach Gailey. The fact that you used the word desperate is what "ruined" your post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are saying the following:
1. You believed Gailey's conservative ways would leave him relying on a QB with inept skills again as it APPEARED he was doing last season.
2. Many wanted Bilbo in last year, but it seems as though he really can't handle the position either. It is becoming obvious that Gailey had little to work with at QB last year.
3. There is still a likelyhood of a bad season of W/L, but if Ball or Carter are stepping in and are putting in good numbers/performances, then the season may not be a total loss in regards to building for the future.
4. These moves will rightfully give Coach Gailey some slack as long as progress is obvious, especially with the QB's.

If this is what you are basically saying, I say you are, for the most part, right (not that you need my affirmation or anything.) Where we differ is in the reason for these moves. I don't believe for one second that Coach Gailey would make a move based on securing his job. His decisions are made in order to put GT in the best possible position to win games and championships.

All that aside, I also hope that Mr. Ball can turn it on and leave us to an unbelievably successful season.

Finally, to an avowed non-FOCer, thanks for being man enough to say that Coach Gailey is doing something right. I know your not ready for baptism yet, and you still reserve the right to point out the bad, but an attitude like that goes a long way to "span the gulf" of derision and division amongst the Tech faithful...

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Thanks for your post. Unlike others, I think you actually read my post with both knees stabilized.

BOO

MS.T and A, there you go again. You are the child that makes fun of the kid with the big ears every time you see him, or everytime the big eared kid's name comes up. As in.... "did you hear that Chandler got a new bike for his birthday?... oh that Chandler, I hate him. He has big ears"

Every time you make this type of comment, and I see it, I call you on it. You come back at me with the same old "I have an opinion, and I will state it!" So what.

How is your opinion good for Tech 19 days before kickoff when you state it every time you get on stingtalk? Maybe if you would share with us morons your proposal to improve our prospect of a better 2003 season without Mr. Gailey, I would like to hear it.

We know you hate hypothetical Chandler with his big ears. We absolutely know of your hatred of CG being head coach at Tech. Your stance should have lost its meaning to me by now, but obviously it hasn't. Maybe its because I am so frustrated by your inability to offer ANY constructive criticism on anything to this point. I can say that because you never post unless you are attacking Chan, or defending your opinion.

Be proud of the fact that you have been attending Tech games for 29 years..... How could I forget. I have only been there for 25, and somehow I do not think my time in gives me all the answers on what a good hire is after 1 year, especially with DB around. Then again, I have never worked in personnel anywhere.

Do not be proud of the fact that you get on here and merely complain and predict doom 19 days prior to opening day. Anybody can bitch. You should be familiar with that cartoon poster found in personnel offices that says something like... If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

I am sure of one thing. Neither one of us want our seats at Grant Field to be anywhere near each other. Even though you support the team, I would be very surprised if your non constructive bitching is confined to stingtalk.
pat.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:
I usually try to ignore threads like these.. but this one is so insane I just had to respond...

BDG.. my suggestion to you is to get away from your computer screen for awhile and go see this Ball kid practice... then you will see how foolish your words above really are..

As for Beebad... I assume you are referring to Bilbo and Suggs as the highly rated QB prospects.. if so, dont forget that there was "nothing, nada, etc." coming out of Tennessee as well... sometimes coaching cannot correct what is between someones ears.. that seems to be the case with both Suggs and Bilbo.. neither do well when pressure and decision making are combined...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are right, jacketguy... chan gailey doesn't have it between the ears... He can't coach up college QBs ... He's a pro guy... Can't wait until we blow this guy out...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wish we could "blow you out". Why even say that in the first place???

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
You can't win at Poker too often with a pair of 2's.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Best quote from you EVER!

Anyways, I partially agree with what you are saying, HOWEVER I look at the move from a very positive standpoint as opposed to your negativity. If Ball is showing this much on the field, then it's just logical to move Dbo. Let's stop fooling ourselves.

Surely to God Suggs is deep in the back-up role. It's not going to be Dbo,...lets go with one of the freshmen,....sounds like Ball is getting it done. BUT NOT SUGGS.

Notice how our top recruits (Ball,Carter,Grant, Wrotto, Scott) are working there way on to the two-deep. Also, remember who we battled in the recruiting wars to sign these kids.

'Nuff said. Except that BOR is a jerk.

GATA JACKETS!!!

bdg, nothing desperate about the move, he's putting players in the best positions to help the team win. Your response to it just shows your attitude towards the coach and the team. BeeBad, just shut up.

Back