Gotta give Tenuta props

Gramblin' Wreck

Varsity Lurker
The defense is the sole reason Tech will finish 2nd the ACC. If O'Leary had any trace of this defense during the glory days of Joe Hamiliton (offense easly averaged 500 yds/ game for consecutive years), the Wreck would have played in BCS bowls.

Tenuta calls an agresive game leaving opponent's O-line twiddling their thumbs (in confusion) from the many stunts and twists he calls. He drops D-lineman in coverage, and gets the most of the secondary. Tech's pass defense was horrendous prior to Tenuta. He seems to get the most out of this group plagued by many obstacles this year. I am deeply encouraged about the direction the program because we play fundamentally sound defense.

Kudos to the Jackets!!!
Chan needs to open up the offense a little more..

Originally posted by Gramblin' Wreck:
Tech's pass defense was horrendous prior to Tenuta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gramblin',

Thought you might find these stats interesting, especially in regards to your rather bold statement above.

Passing defense stats:

2001 (Roof's last year) pass defense nationally ranked at #53 giving up 216 yards per game.

2002 (Tenuta's first year) pass defense nationally ranked at #64 giving up 221 yards per game.

2003 (Tenuta's second year through 8 games) pass defense nationally ranked at #55 giving up 218 yards per game.

Statistically our pass defense has NOT improved, so if it was horrendous before it still is....or maybe it wasn't horrendous before?!?!

Gramblim Wreck, when I saw your board name, I chuckled, because I immediately thought of another name for BeeWare.

"Lo and Behold", the next person to reply to your post was BeeWare.

Hey BeeWare, you need to change your board name to "Grumbling Wreck"!

Father Time

That's just playing with numbers Beeware and you know it. Pass defense is about what the other team is doing and how you stop them. For instance, what was our RUSHING defense like under Roof. Don't remember any numbers, but it wasn't too strong overall. If the other team can run whenever they want, why pass the ball? OTOH, this year they have to pass since the rushing defense has been so good. So they are going to get more yards through the air out of sheer number of attempts. Good try though, come back when you have more #s.

For the record

2000 - 94.5 ypg rushing, 285.2 ypg passing. 19 TD passes, 15 Ints. 12.6 ypcatch

2001 - 117.1 ypg rushing, 216.2 ypg passing. 13 TD passes, 11 Int. 12.2 ypcatch, 22.2 pts pgame

2003 - 94.8 ypg rushing, 217.8 ypg passing. 9 TD passes, 11 Int. 10.8 ypcatch. 16 pts pgame.

Looks like Tenuta has been able to combine the rushing defense of the 2000 team and the pass defense of the 2001 team. I accept that the season isnt't over yet, but you tell me which year's numbers look the best.

Can we all just stop reacting to beewuss' gutless ramblings? Hell, he thinks the 2001 game vs maryhadalittleland was better than beating them the other night.

Beeware forgot to add the stat that our Defense is ranked 30th in Pass Efficiency Defense.
pat.gif

Not that it matters, STATS are for losers!
smile.gif

Wins and losses only count. Right beeware??? hahahahahaha

blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Geez Beeware can't you give it up???
1st you're disapointed in our recruiting... not nearly as good as O'leary blah, blah, blah...
Then our 'O' sucks not nearly as proficient as Friedgen, blah, blah, blah...
Now our 'D' isn't as good as Roof's blah, blah, blah...
All I know is that TECH has 5 wins against all odds... earlier in the season you outlined that Auburn, NCSt, WF, FSU, UGA, and UMd were all ranked in the top 25 and boy were we ever gonna be sorry...
Well 4 out of 5 have been EMBARRASSED by our team... and there were some rather red faces in the crowd I sat with in Tallahasee...
How about bringing up some positive stats like when was the last time Friedgen was held to ZERO TD's in a game...
Or how many teams shoved the ball down WF's throat 17 times in a row to close out the game...
You never answer any of our questions when we direct them towards you ... are you just a malcontent or what???
Again I'll tell you ... your insults at the coaches are in reality veiled shots at our players who have achieved great things this season...
Your friggin' negativity is stunning... I thought all that pot you Deadheads smoked was supposed to make you happy... or is that something else you've gotten wrong in life?

We also have a coach who has a knack for putting the guys on D who will succeed

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Gramblin' Wreck:
Tech's pass defense was horrendous prior to Tenuta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gramblin',

Thought you might find these stats interesting, especially in regards to your rather bold statement above.

Passing defense stats:

2001 (Roof's last year) pass defense nationally ranked at #53 giving up 216 yards per game.

2002 (Tenuta's first year) pass defense nationally ranked at #64 giving up 221 yards per game.

2003 (Tenuta's second year through 8 games) pass defense nationally ranked at #55 giving up 218 yards per game.

Statistically our pass defense has NOT improved, so if it was horrendous before it still is....or maybe it wasn't horrendous before?!?!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I suppose I have been gone from Tech longer than I thought -- check the years from '98 to '00. I am sure you will a pass defense at least 110th in the nation.

Back