Grading the Coaching hires

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
Florida B+
Pitt. A
CSU. C
Nebraska. D
Wisconsin. C

I like the hire for Pitt. I think Narduzzi was the best coordinator in the game right now and he's a step up from what they had.

I agree with your grades. Maybe bump Florida down to a B. I was a little surprised. They must have really liked McElwain to hire him so quick to a position that normally goes to higher profile guys.

I can't believe Wisky fired their coach. Was it them or Nebraska that hired Chryst from Pitt?

I can't believe Wisky fired their coach. Was it them or Nebraska that hired Chryst from Pitt?

I don't think Wisc did fire their coach, I think their coach just pulled up stakes and left. There are questions that maybe Alvarez isn't that fun to work for.

I don't think Wisc did fire their coach, I think their coach just pulled up stakes and left. There are questions that maybe Alvarez isn't that fun to work for.

To have two coaches leave in such a short time, I'd guess that it's more than a rumor.

To have two coaches leave in such a short time, I'd guess that it's more than a rumor.

Wisconsin's coach left for Oregon State. LOL.

Yeah, there is definitely something funky with that program. I wonder which is worse, losing your coach to Oregon St or deciding you want Oregon St's coach for your program.

Without question, where there is smoke there's fire. If The Badger faithful was smart they'd retire Alvarez immediately.

Florida B+
Pitt. A
CSU. C
Nebraska. D
Wisconsin. C

I like the hire for Pitt. I think Narduzzi was the best coordinator in the game right now and he's a step up from what they had.

I'd call CSU a B+, maybe an A.

He'll be there for 4-5 years then move up to an SEC job, maybe even Uga

Michigan A+++++++++
Harbaugh will be the new coach, I saw it while looking at a blog at the local cafes.

I liked the Florida coaching hire. I think that guy's gonna be really good.

Florida's hire should be an A with the chain reaction it set off to screw its rivals.

I agree with your grades. Maybe bump Florida down to a B. I was a little surprised. They must have really liked McElwain to hire him so quick to a position that normally goes to higher profile guys.

From a B+ to a B? Bold, my friend. Very bold.

Chryst and Riley are epic fails. Both were on the path to being forced out of their old jobs.

The biggest winners are Oregon State and Pitt. Irony.

Florida is at least an A-. Harbaugh would be an A+ with AP credit.

You guys are probably very wrong about Wisconsin. We shall see. To me it seems clear that Alvarez feels extremely strongly about his old OC. He would know more than anyone. Is it an ass move to run off the current HC? I guess, but that is irrelevant to the quality of the hire.

For CSU, Bobo is an A hire based on the contract they hired him under.

Back