Great article on ACC/sec co-existance

Great link, AL

from the article:

{"I think they'll go get another team," he (Broyles) told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "I'd say the ACC will try and recruit somebody from the SEC. Maybe Florida, Kentucky or South Carolina."

Nah, says Vanderbilt athletics director Todd Turner, a former athletics director at N.C. State. Listen closely, though.

"I just don't see it," Turner says. "The things that drive the SEC and bind it together are the football rivalries, and it is with great risk that you'd abandon that."}

Exactly why South Carolina has to be thinking hard about what to do if the ACC calls

I don't see the ACC trying to steal teams from the SEC and vice versa. Neither conference wants to tip off a war. If we go after USC, what's to stop the SEC from retaliating by going after FSU or Clemson or GT or Miami or VT?

If we add another team, it'll be from somewhere else.

If the NCAA allows a championship game with 11, we would never expand again. We could divide into 2 divisions of 10 and Duke, who happens to suck, could just kind of float around like the S*%# they are. Maybe we could rotate them on a yearly odd even basis - Duke rationing.

JJacket, I think you're right. If 11 is enough for the championship game, why do we need another?

Add another 1. to make scheduling go smoother. 2. If it will make the ACC stronger (PSU for instance)

Almost forgot, since the article is by Greg Doyel, it's most likely crap. He's an idiot who will say/print anything to get a rise out of people. I'll bet none of the quotes were to him, that he lifted them from other articles because they fit his current agenda. Not saying it's definitely false, but never believe anything he says unless you see some corraboration from completely different sources.

Good article. Everybody East of the Mississippi seems a little uneasy with what the ACC might do next.

Back