GREAT Club Level seats are still available!!!

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Ordered Vandy tickets today over the phone. The Ol Ghost couldn't resist the opportunity to carry out a "Sting" operation in the process. Asked the ticket guy about the availability of club level seats. He checked the computer and told me I could still buy a group of 4 tickets on the 45 yard line from row 4 all the way up to row 28 (top row). No priority waiting list, no let me see if I can pull some strings and get you in Mr. Ghost, just hand over the check and name your location.
Since a ailse runs down the 50, few seats apparently have been sold if anyone can still get 45 yard line seats at this late date. Even I, the great negative one, had no idea that this "Club" scheme had failed so miserably.
Now be honest. Who will be sitting in these seats come gameday? Visitors are not buying these seats. Tech fans are not buying these seats. They will either go empty, or will be given away to staff and friends, or they may find their way to scalpers.
I'm a West stander, who was shifted one section because of "East Flight". These seats that are now available in the East Stands used to belong to avid Tech fans. 45 yard line seats probably belonged to dedicated Alums or fans who had had those seats for years and years. In a major money grab that has gone wrong, these seats are now begging for someone to sit in them. I'm mad as a West Stander about it, but I can only imagine what the guy who used to have those seats in the East thinks about it.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Ordered Vandy tickets today over the phone. The Ol Ghost couldn't resist the opportunity to carry out a "Sting" operation in the process. Asked the ticket guy about the availability of club level seats. He checked the computer and told me I could still buy a group of 4 tickets on the 45 yard line from row 4 all the way up to row 28 (top row). No priority waiting list, no let me see if I can pull some strings and get you in Mr. Ghost, just hand over the check and name your location.
Since a ailse runs down the 50, few seats apparently have been sold if anyone can still get 45 yard line seats at this late date. Even I, the great negative one, had no idea that this "Club" scheme had failed so miserably.
Now be honest. Who will be sitting in these seats come gameday? Visitors are not buying these seats. Tech fans are not buying these seats. They will either go empty, or will be given away to staff and friends, or they may find their way to scalpers.
I'm a West stander, who was shifted one section because of "East Flight". These seats that are now available in the East Stands used to belong to avid Tech fans. 45 yard line seats probably belonged to dedicated Alums or fans who had had those seats for years and years. In a major money grab that has gone wrong, these seats are now begging for someone to sit in them. I'm mad as a West Stander about it, but I can only imagine what the guy who used to have those seats in the East thinks about it.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, if they fail that miserably, they'll have to make those seats available to everyone next year, but require the extra donation for access to the "Lounge/Party Room"

Aren't you glad we're so cheap when it comes to football.

On Time, Under Budget, No Defects...Pick any two.

"Lounge/Party Room".....with Hooters girls
grin.gif

BDG...I am going to the Vandy game as well. Let's have brew before kick-off. I plan to tailgate as we will be staying with my wife's friends and taking them to the game as well. I do not know how much they drink so it might be wise for me to develop a plan B pre-game strategy.

Originally posted by captainG:
BDG...I am going to the Vandy game as well. Let's have brew before kick-off. I plan to tailgate as we will be staying with my wife's friends and taking them to the game as well. I do not know how much they drink so it might be wise for me to develop a plan B pre-game strategy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
I'm going with "the guys"...so no women will be in tow. Tailgating will therefore be a priority. Let me know where the best lots are for eating large quantities and drinking many adult beverages.
BOO

Back