Great read from the Hive..... I agree 100%

Where's the pride in GT's national academic reputation? I love football as much as the next guy, but I also love class and style, which GT has and to which it should aspire. As a school, why would GT want to lower itself to associate w/ the SEC? They've got Vandy, two ok state schools (Fla. & Ga.) and are otherwise an academic wasteland. The ACC, even allowing for Clemson & FSU, is vastly superior and way more interesting, in basketball and football (who cares about Mississippi State, Arkansas, etc.).

We're not going to the SEC. BarJacket's post is hogwash. We're an ACC school now and we're doing quite well because of it.

Dr. White Jacket is on. We gain from the academic prestige of the ACC.

Nobody knows if we could compete in the SEC. All it would take is 1 out of 10 top athletes deciding they don't want to live in a cow town. We have been competitive with UGA recently and everybody knows we lose some top local recruits because they want to play SEC ball. Switch one or two key players and GT is the state school with the 10-1 record.

To look at UGAY's schedule we win Tulane, NMexSt, Vandy easy. USC and Ole Miss are very likely wins as is UT without their QB. We match up well with UK (NCSt has a better O and a better D). I would love a rematch with Clemson at home instead of away. So even if I concede Auburn (not that good), UF, and Bama our team could be 8-3 just as easily as 6-5(certainly no worse).

Back