"Greg Smith almost made a 1-handed catch!"

Ringgold

Varsity Lurker
For those that watched the worst broadcast ever, did you hear this observation by the Baffoon color-man?

Did NO ONE on ESPN's team see the DB tugging on Greg's right arm like it was one end of a pulley-bone? Not anyone in the booth? Not any spotter in the trailer? I am SCREAMING for a flag, then I want justification by ESPN to show it over and again. NOT ONE SINGLE MENTION.

Then we had to deal with the bozo from the "Orange Bowl" Staff, talking about the "wonderful history" of said stadium. MY LORD!! SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT HORSE FRIGGIN RACING!! THIS AINT THE BRAVES IN SEPTEMBER!! THERE IS A DAM FOOTBALL GAME GOING ON!!!!

I am getting all worked up again....

Did it never dawn on ANYONE with a striped shirt WTF he was trying to catch the ball with one hand? It wadn't behind him, above his head. The ball hit him shoulder-level.

BUZZTHERIAZZ is an IDIOT!!!

ok, not really.

We have DVR, and I saw the 1-handed deal, and chose to re-wind. That is when I first saw Greg Smith being tugged upon.

The replay ONLY highlighted the "nearly spectacular" 1-handed grab, but made no mention of the DB cheating like all get-out.

NO, I don't have a clip.

For those that watched the worst broadcast ever, did you hear this observation by the Baffoon color-man?

Did NO ONE on ESPN's team see the DB tugging on Greg's right arm like it was one end of a pulley-bone? Not anyone in the booth? Not any spotter in the trailer? I am SCREAMING for a flag, then I want justification by ESPN to show it over and again. NOT ONE SINGLE MENTION.

Then we had to deal with the bozo from the "Orange Bowl" Staff, talking about the "wonderful history" of said stadium. MY LORD!! SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT HORSE FRIGGIN RACING!! THIS AINT THE BRAVES IN SEPTEMBER!! THERE IS A DAM FOOTBALL GAME GOING ON!!!!

The refs tried to make up for the pass interference no call by calling pass interference on us during the Miami scoring drive; because the defender was within 3 feet of receiver apparently. Hey, as long as they are calling PI consistently...

Listen to Wes and Van Note --I haven't listened to a TV broadcast in ages. I did turn the sound up for a second just to find out why this guy was being interviewed up in the booth during the freakin' game!

Did anybody else notice what Erin Andrews said during the game? They were talking about something she was about to eat and she says "well i'm just gonna have to Hunker Down" then she took a bite of whatever that was... Then my brother started giving me hell because he said she was a ugay grad and she said that to needle Tech fans...Any truth to that or was my brother being a typical mutt?

Yeah,she said, "hunker down"

As she put a big long Cuban (sandwich) in her mouth.

LATE Photo

Here is a photo found on ESPN.com, but its a half-second late. You definitely see that the DB's left hand is on top of Greg's right hand. He was tugging like crazy earlier.
e549d31e-db83-480c-a69d-2f85d3bd2487.jpg

Re: LATE Photo

Hey Ringgold, that's the Maryland game.

As for the broadcast... I had to turn it off it was so awful. Between the announcers and the interview with Hank Goldberg it was making me sick.

No offense towards you ringgold, but that's why I generally don't trust stories that other people recount from just seeing the play live(on tv or in person). Sometimes when we believe something our brains see what we want to. Not that this wasn't pass interference, but I'd like to see a clip of it because I didn't see the interference when I was watching(though I wasn't really concentrating on the receiver).

Back