GT +27

This number has more to do with us than Clemson. Clemson is still Clemson, they have not dropped off one bit from the last couple of years. The big question is us. As we have seen, we have some talent - and let me tell you we have a bright future. But we are YOUNG and not deep at all. And because of that, we look awesome at Fla St and Louisville (second half). But we also looked very pedestrian at Syracuse. Total mark of a young team. I could see us giving Clemson a fight they are not expecting, and I can also see us getting boat raced. Clemson will win this game in the 10 to 15 range or beat us by 30. Next year however, they will get a rude awakening to the new kid on the block.

Clemson hasnt been annihilating ACC opponents this year. Their offense looks not so top end as usual thus they havent scored more than 42 points in any ACC game compared to the usual 50+. The problem with the line, though, is our offense vs that defense. Bad matchup for us.

Edit: What's scary about Clemson is they have two true freshman terrors on the DL who are already great right now. I can't imagine in two years how scary that DL will be. They also have a 5-star QB waiting to take over after Lawrence leaves this year.

Last edited:
Georgia is right there with Florida for Dabo's top recruiting ground. Expect no mercy from him. 27 is generous.

How many times do you really think our defense can force Clemson to punt? Barring a crazy turnover margin that number is going to need to be at least 3 to keep it under 27.5. I don’t know. Tough call.

Not that it has any meaning, but Clemson's average margin of victory over Tech over last 5 years is 23.6.

Used the Clemson-GT Rivalry Wiki Page for data. Incidentally, saw that the first game in the series back in 1898 was played here. Pretty cool.

Louisville was beating us on our field in Q4. Clemson covers before we sing Budweiser

Louisville was beating us on our field in Q4. Clemson covers before we sing Budweiser
The issue is can our defense force Clemson to punt? I’m extremely skeptical. We struggled getting pressure on quarterbacks playing for Syracuse in Louisville. Clemson‘s offense of line is light years better than either of those teams and so is their quarterback. For whatever reasons, our secondary was supposed to be a “strength” this year. But they have given up the long ball Against receivers that are not nearly as good as Clemson’s. I would love to see us play them close. I think our offense and run game will have some success. But our defense is still two recruiting cycles away from average.

You know what? öööö Clemson. Our guys ought to go out there and beat the öööö out those damn South Carolinian plowboys. Welcome to the ATL bitches. Here is the L to take back to podunk.

I agree. But then, I'm a fan. I never believe GT will be blown out. Where's the fun in that?

We should never be blown out. And we should expect to win every game. This is the standard. Unrealistic for this year as we continue our monumental transition, but this is what our goal should be.

Back