GT +3.5

I doubt it. I think he knows that the triple option was never going to threaten what he was doing.

Collins, otoh, could be a problem. Gibbs and Sims are top shelf guys. They are the kind of guys Clemson could bring in and see if they beat out their 5 stats. If they do, great, if not then portal them. GT getting those guys hurts Clemson in the future.

So Dabo makes sure he lets everyone know we aren’t on the same level. Clemson will try to do the same to UNC.

We just aren’t at the point yet where we can stop them. It will come.
It's not that the triple was a threat, it's what Diseqc said about Dabo taking exception to Collins coming in and making some comments about what the previous coach left (probably not intended to be insulting, but how else do you announce a major change?). It also doesn't help that we are trying to recruit the same types of players that Clemson does and are in a major market.

Why are posted on a thread about the Boston College game still obssessing over Clemson and its head coach?

+3.5 sounds about right to me right now. Tech could definitely win this - BC is not world beaters. This game might be one of the best barometers of Tech's football program that we will have this year. Go Jackets!

BC’s quarterback has had a very good season so far. Gonna be tough to go up there after a demoralizing loss. It’ll be interesting to see what the guys on the team are made of.

It's not that the triple was a threat, it's what Diseqc said about Dabo taking exception to Collins coming in and making some comments about what the previous coach left (probably not intended to be insulting, but how else do you announce a major change?). It also doesn't help that we are trying to recruit the same types of players that Clemson does and are in a major market.

I think it is entirely your second sentence. It is about recruiting. Beating us down might swing a 4 star Clemson’s way to watch and wait their turn on the sideline rather than to be on the field taking a beatdown.

I’m patient though. O’Leary’s path wasn’t linear. And I believe he had a coordinator change a year or so into the rebuild.

BC’s quarterback has had a very good season so far. Gonna be tough to go up there after a demoralizing loss. It’ll be interesting to see what the guys on the team are made of.

Haven’t watched a ton of their film this year, but supposedly he’s got a Roethlisbeger-esque ability to absorb contact and stay upright.

Sure, the older ones remember good GT teams and getting beat. The younger Clemson fans have known nothing but dominance over most teams they play.

Perhaps, GT can continue to recruit well and get a few top flight coordinators to help the talent that is here improve.
Collins is going not need better coordinators to win. He seems to be a better recruiter than game manager and X’s and O’s.

Collins is going not need better coordinators to win. He seems to be a better recruiter than game manager and X’s and O’s.
My bold prediction is that Coach Thacker will be gone at the end of this season. The man looked damn near depressed (as he ööööing should) at the weekly press conference.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I think he knows that the triple option was never going to threaten what he was doing.

Collins, otoh, could be a problem. Gibbs and Sims are top shelf guys. They are the kind of guys Clemson could bring in and see if they beat out their 5 stats. If they do, great, if not then portal them. GT getting those guys hurts Clemson in the future.

So Dabo makes sure he lets everyone know we aren’t on the same level. Clemson will try to do the same to UNC.

We just aren’t at the point yet where we can stop them. It will come.

geez Wracker. You sound like you are talking about your DI like it wasn’t part of you.
Wake up man & 80k like it was yesterday!

Back