GT and Miami made the ACC look good...

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
last night...GT beat Auburn (the Favorite to win the ACC) and Miami beat Florida (The most dominant Sec team the last 15 years)..

It would have been a different ballgame between UVA and South Carolina if Shaub had not been out..

Virginia Tech looks awful good again too..
FSU looks like the old FSU meaning they are one of the top 2 teams in the country..

Make no doubt about it: THE ACC is the best conference in all of college football..You wont hear that from our local Sec/Uga media types though...This HAS to be driving them crazy.....

Excuse me Auburn the favorite to win the SEC not the ACC..Too quick on the ole keyboard i guess....

I knew someone would get cute,technical, whatever you wanna call it...Thats crazy!!!

While they nor VT can compete for the ACC title this year..They DO next season....It makes NO difference....For all practical purposes they ARE ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever they win it makes our conference look good...Period....Dont think the whole nation including those potential recruits look at it that way??

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
I knew someone would get cute,technical, whatever you wanna call it...Thats crazy!!!

While they nor VT can compete for the ACC title this year..They DO next season....It makes NO difference....For all practical purposes they ARE ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever they win it makes our conference look good...Period....Dont think the whole nation including those potential recruits look at it that way??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sure thing. And we should probably include their stats from the last 5 years when we compare the ACC vs. other conferences?

They are in the Big East. Period.
That means that they made the Big East look good.

And for that matter, I don't really care.
We won the only game that mattered yesterday.

Do i detect a little Dawg/Sec Fan there????

Ive seen the comparison on national title winners before on Tv..Showing all national titles won by Conference and Including the national titles for GT BEFORE ACC admission...Of COURSE Miami is ACC.....

When comparing the strength of the teams in the ACC you would include them..You bet your beloved SEC would if the shoe was on the other foot...

Why dont you try and get a life and quit being a smart---- Today....

Ive seen the comparison on national title winners before on Tv..Showing all national titles won by Conference and Including the national titles for GT BEFORE ACC admission...Of COURSE Miami is ACC.....

When comparing the strength of the teams in the ACC you would include them..You bet your beloved SEC would if the shoe was on the other foot...

Why dont you try and get a life and quit being a smart---- Today....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, you detect someone with enough love for their alma mater to actually purchase season tickets instead of scalping them.

Why don't I try and get a life? That is a very mature comment from someone who claims to have been around so long. Congratulations on being such a grown up.

Then answer me this...Why would you even question the fact that the ACC couldnt include Miami and VT in bragging rights this year as far as the strength of our teams...???

And again lets get the FACTS straight..I DID NOT EVER SCALP MY GT tickets..NEVER...As a longtime Season ticket holder i didnt purchase season tickets for the last couple of years for personal reasons(That has nothing to do with me and GT but the fact i couldnt get to a majority of games)

The fact is i was willing to buy from a scalper to get my son GOOD seats at the Auburn game...So get your FACTS straight and stop slandering me..If you know whats best for you..

You cant stand me for being a Chan Gailey Backer..so use the ole Clintonesqe tactic of slamming someone character....

If you know whats best for you..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did you really just threaten me over an internet message board???

That is absolutely PATHETIC.

Then answer me this...Why would you even question the fact that the ACC couldnt include Miami and VT in bragging rights this year as far as the strength of our teams...???

You cant stand me for being a Chan Gailey Backer..so use the ole Clintonesqe tactic of slamming someone character....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Feel free to include Miami in your arguments when they are part of the conference.

Interestingly enough, I am also a Chan backer, but I do not blindly support EVERY decision he makes. It's ok to question things you don't agree with...

And again lets get the FACTS straight..I DID NOT EVER SCALP MY GT tickets..NEVER...As a longtime Season ticket holder i didnt purchase season tickets for the last couple of years for personal reasons(That has nothing to do with me and GT but the fact i couldnt get to a majority of games)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As for the tickets, my exact words were "purchase season tickets instead of scalping them." So if you want to get YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT you will realize that I never implied that you sold your tickets. I said you bought them from a scalper instead of from GT.

I also can't make it to all the games, but I buy 2 tickets anyway. Still, I guess you are right, I must be a dawg fan.

NEVER said you were a Dawg fan..So keep on slandering and not geting the facts straight!!!

I said/Meant you were acting like a SEC/Uga Fan and you still are..Oh we cant include Miami or VT just yet in our comparison to the lmighty SEC Just because they dont count til next year.That ridiculous..AGAIN..EVERY TIME Miami or VT wins it makes our conference look good..Especially beating a suppossed SEC World Beater such as UF...Your acting like a child here...Oh no you cant techinally count that Miami win as a ACC win...Its not official till next year....Thats not the way the rest of the country sees it..When they see Miami now they associate them as they should with THe ACC even though it isnt official till next year...Perception is everything...Im not going to argue with you anymore....Keep up that flimsey little contention...

Never said I was a dawg fan????

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ummm, maybe you need to go to the doctor and check out the short term memory loss?

First of all, Miami is not in the ACC, but the Big East. UF has struggled the past few years since Spurrier left. As for the SEC/ACC debate. Don't forget the UGag spanked Clemson, BYU beat us and SC abused ranked UVA. Thank goodness we did win over an SEC school that apparently was very overated. This on the same day that 11th ranked NCSTATE loses, too. Not quite time to hang our ACC hats on a school not yet in our conference...especially if you tie that to an SEC/ACC debate.

Uf beat Uga last year...And what is it like 13 out of the last 14....They have DOMINATED THE SEC for the last 15 years or so....So when Miami Officially comes in (For those of you that have to be so legalistic and technical) we can say that with VT and UM We are better than the SEC...Heck UM and FSU Regularly beat UF the pride of the SEC.....

Years ago many churches took people into thier membership and labeled them as "under watch-care". Later after a certain amount of time and performance they became full-fledged members.

Also, could we claim them if we added an asterisk(*) by their names??

Now, nobody get up-tight; just stillfeeling good over our victory and just kidding.
wink.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Personally I don't really care much how the ACC stacks up against the SEC. I mostly care about how Georgia Tech stacks up against their opponent on Saturdays.

The SEC is one of the best -- maybe the best -- conferences out there. The ACC is fine as well, and will be even stronger next year. So what?

Maybe that would satisfy mr.ChiliDog King....

By the way..Some Churches still do that!!!

In any event Miami and VT make us the best collection of teams in the entire country....Maybe put that way sounds better to him Technically.

Maybe that would satisfy mr.ChiliDog King....

By the way..Some Churches still do that!!!

In any event Miami and VT make us the best collection of teams in the entire country....Maybe put that way sounds better to him Technically.

Just for the record, I make a bet every year with a friend where we take all the games that are played between the ACC and SEC.

Of course I take the ACC teams and this year we are including Miami and Va Tech (Va Tech is not actually playing any SEC teams although they might in a Bowl game).

They are not officially ACC members yet but politically they are. And how they do does affect the overall perception of the strength of the ACC going forward.

For the record, so far, I am 2-2 with wins coming from Tech over awBarn and Miami over Florida and losses coming from ugag over klimpsum and South Carolina over Virginia (I got screwed on this one with Schaub being out). There are 6 more games left not counting bowl games.

Back