GT bookstore question

spellingbee

Flats Noob
Where is it?

I'm going to the game with my sister who meticulously maps out the gameday adventure--the Varsity, the bookstore, YJA, the Edge Center, the game...but not necessarily in that order.

I need to find out the location of the bookstore as to assist in said planning.

thanks

Spelling bee,

It's in the new management center, on 5th street, "Barnes & Noble" with a starbucks.

My things have changes since 1967.....

I was there last week - dropped a mint.

I asked where the car magnets were and they showed me these two tiny 6"X6" things. When I told them that they really needed bigger ones and more of them - - they acted like I was crazy.

Of all things for a bookstore to have on game day - I would think car magnets would be 2nd behind car flags. That's like a pizza joint that has cheese and pepperoni, but no dough.

If you are in there - do me a favor and say something. We need as much outward support as possible for recruits, families, and all the other people I haven't thought of.

I may see your mint that you dropped, but you certainly don't expect me to pick it up and save it for you do you?
grin.gif
grin.gif

Seriously, I was discussing the probable selection with my sister, and I told her that it was probably exactly the same just a different location...guess not.

Well, let's make awbern the number one priority on the bookstore #2...well #3 anyway, and finding a new AD can be #2.

Thanks 71YJ for the locale. Is it possible (for the sake of us not as familiar as some with the campus and surroundings) to get a few more hints as to the location? What's it near? I'm sure I could find it with 71's info, but having it in my mind before gameday would be great.

Thanks for your help.

If you go across the bridge from Tech and take a right - as if going to the Cheet, Uh, The Varsity, go just past and you will see Barnes and Noble on the left.

I want to say Spring Street - but not positive.

Techfowl says:

I asked where the car magnets were and they showed me these two tiny 6"X6" things. When I told them that they really needed bigger ones and more of them - - they acted like I was crazy.

I had the same experience. The Tech fan merchandise part of the store needs to improve, and I think it will.
It is one helluva bookstore though, and I found the customer service to be friendly and extremely helpful. One nice lady overheard my desire for a new money clip. She went thru box after box until she found one.

If the Tech gear improves, it will be perfect!

Thanks techfowl, I know precisely where you are talking about. Spring Street is correct, it runs right past The Varsity and heads toward the interstate (though it may change names at that intersection.)

Back