GT @ Clemson Prediction Thread

Just wrapped up my quick stat review. Nothing really jumps out about Clemson. They are dead on 50% run/pass overall but the ratio drops like a rock as you go from 1st down to 3rd down: pass happy on 1st down; run happy on 3rd down. Nothing about their offense has me quakin in me boots.

Defensively, things get interesting. Clemson is good at not allowing 3rd dn conversions. We are good at converting 3rd downs. I can't find a single stat that shows Clemson has a strong or even decent pass defense. They give up a completion percentage of about 50% on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down - doesn't seem to matter. Against P5 teams, they have a paltry 2 interceptions - we have 9 P5 interceptions. One area of potential concern is that Clemson has a LOT of TfL - 41 in 6 P5 games - that's around 7 per game so we gotta be careful.

Here is what I think it the most encouraging stat: Points per game vs P5 teams. GT - 32 ppg; Clemson - 19 ppg. Clemson has yet to score more than 4 TD against a big boy team. If you scratch their atrocity vs Duke, their last 6 games - all P5 teams, CU is averaging less than 3 TD per game.

We ain't losing to these doofuses.

GT 34
$11M/year - 31

Last edited:
During the pregame handshake, Brent Key reveals that HE is the real Tyler from Spartanburg. Dabo complete loses control and punches Brent Key, leading to his immediate dismissal for cause.

There is a huge earthquake, Howard’s rock splits in two, and there is an unexpected full eclipse. GT wins, cementing Clemson’s downslide into irrelevancy.

GT - 38
Clemson - 31

1699641137151.png

GT 27
AWAL 24

Supposedly they lead the country in fumbles this season. And we’re one of the best at forcing them. Think it’s gonna take coming out a couple ahead on turnovers to win this one. For the sake of what we’ve been thru the last 4 years let’s say it does.

27-19 Tech.

Back