GT gets 4 of Top100 in Florida

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Scott, Grant, Carter & Oliver! Gotta believe this opened some eyes for the readers of the Orlando Sentinel. Buchalter is generally regarded as the #1 recruiting guru in the state of Florida.
Quite an accomplishment for the Yellow Jackets to pull in a crop like this & we'll have an even more of a presence in Fla next yr by adding a 4th coach. I like what's happenning in Fla. Here's the Top 100.

Fla's Top 100

In addition to the four you cite above GTAce, Border Wars has Leshawn Newberry rated number 60 in the state of Fla. as well. A nice little haul, I would say.

And at least one publication, Borderwars, had Anoai as #80 in Fla. Anoai was NW Fla defensive player of the yr. That's a real nice honor. NW Fla doesn't get much press with Miami, Tampa & Orlando in the mix.

Like I said earlier, hitting Fl. and Tx. hard and being successful does not bother me one bit.

Good job, coaches!!

GT got more players off this 100 list than any school outside of Fla. NC St tied us on this list with 4 also, but GT players are much higher thought of & our ave on all 4 is much higher than the Wolfpack's.
Lucky-we sure recruited the RIGHT states. Tex, Fla & Ga are unbeatable for speed (maybe Cal in this group also). Also, the Tex & Fla youngsters come without the non-educational baggage.
We have always gotten a few from Fla each yr, but GT should've been getting twice what we got from this talent rich state. Your recruiting $$$ is much, much better spent in Fla & Tex, rather than scouring around SCar, Miss, Ala, Tenn, etc.

Back