GT gets hammered for $300 of "clothing benefits", meanwhile at LSU...

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Didn't dRad violate a direct order from the NCAA not to discuss the investigation with anyone and then promptly discussed the investigation with CPJ?

And that was just one poorly played hand. There were others.
D Rad made his mistakes here and learned so he could do a better job of dealing with the NCAA at Clemmons

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I’m tired of these if we did this we would in so much trouble posts. Learn how to cheat, learn how to do it without getting caught, and build a winning team. Nobody questions winners. Only whiny bitches get slapped for dumb öööö like aquarium tickets and a pair of shoes.
“Learn how to cheat without getting caught”. That’s the whole point. LSU got caught red handed and nothing happened. Yes - I agree that every biGTime program probably cheats. Saban and Dabo have done it without getting caught. But when you do get caught there should be consequences - not just for the GT’s of the world, but for the big fish too. That’s the point.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
“Learn how to cheat without getting caught”. That’s the whole point. LSU got caught red handed and nothing happened. Yes - I agree that every biGTime program probably cheats. Saban and Dabo have done it without getting caught. But when you do get caught there should be consequences - not just for the GT’s of the world, but for the big fish too. That’s the point.
You're acting like the NCAA prioritizes integrity over profit. This is the same organization that told us a playoff would hurt the students, until the BCS started dropping in ratings.

LSU makes $. Therefore LSU is immune from consequences that matter. Like Chase Young and Terelle Pryor. It will take a federal fraud case brought against the NCAA to make changes.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
You're acting like the NCAA prioritizes integrity over profit. This is the same organization that told us a playoff would hurt the students, until the BCS started dropping in ratings.

LSU makes $. Therefore LSU is immune from consequences that matter. Like Chase Young and Terelle Pryor. It will take a federal fraud case brought against the NCAA to make changes.
who you talkin to? I’m not naive. My only point was Akinjis response made absolutely no sense in this context.
I know how it is. I really don’t even care. Ain’t nothing holy but Ws and $.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
Didn't dRad violate a direct order from the NCAA not to discuss the investigation with anyone and then promptly discussed the investigation with CPJ?

Yeah, and LSU says they are working with the NCAA. That’s my point. It doesn’t matter what we do. We got hammered because we are GT. They find the means to justify their ends.

Cam Newton player even though Auburn offered too much money. Johnny Football played too.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
who you talkin to? I’m not naive. My only point was Akinjis response made absolutely no sense in this context.
I know how it is. I really don’t even care. Ain’t nothing holy but Ws and $.
Which is why I’m in favor of paying players openly. Get the cheating out of it. At least everyone will know where they stand and who the real Davids and Goliaths are.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry

For öööös sake. People need to stop defending the dumbassery. This is crooked prosecutor öööö where they plea down archcriminals to slaps on the wrist while throwing the book at some near squeaky clean fall guy for some "lying under oath" process crime.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
For öööös sake. People need to stop defending the dumbassery. This is crooked prosecutor öööö where they plea down archcriminals to slaps on the wrist while throwing the book at some near squeaky clean fall guy for some "lying under oath" process crime.
Believe it or not, I actually get it. But you gotta play the game. dRad had no idea what he was doing and it showed and we paid for it. Another mistake he made was not retaining qualified counsel until the last minute - a huge mistake.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Believe it or not, I actually get it. But you gotta play the game. dRad had no idea what he was doing and it showed and we paid for it. Another mistake he made was not retaining qualified counsel until the last minute - a huge mistake.
IT
SHOULD
NOT
BE
A
GAME
THAT
YOU
PLAY.

That it is is simply not defensible.

SolJacket

Varsity Lurker
It’s past time that GT pull the 2009 ACC Championship trophy out of the closet and put it back on display. The beginning of the 2020 season would be an ideal time.

Do this TStan.
I have always wondered what would happen if a team did this. Put the banner up and dare someone to make you take it down. I honestly dont think anything would happen. If nothing else it would be MAGA as hell.

Last edited:

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
IT
SHOULD
NOT
BE
A
GAME
THAT
YOU
PLAY.

That it is is simply not defensible.
I'm not sure who you are are trying to convince. GT? The NCAA? Look around at the high-profile cases of the last decade. GT gets body-slammed over a minor infraction while big schools get away with murder. Look how the "big" schools handled the accusation and look how GT handled the accusation. We (GT) completely ööööed it up while the big schools hired appropriate counsel early on and dodged a bullet.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
NCAA should have given LSU a post-season ban for this. They look the other ways when cash cows cheat big. They put the hammer down on other schools that cheat small.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I'm not sure who you are are trying to convince. GT? The NCAA? Look around at the high-profile cases of the last decade. GT gets body-slammed over a minor infraction while big schools get away with murder. Look how the "big" schools handled the accusation and look how GT handled the accusation. We (GT) completely ööööed it up while the big schools hired appropriate counsel early on and dodged a bullet.
I appreciate what you’re saying, but hiring counsel doesn’t change the facts. Even if you assume BeBe received clothing against the rules, all those other programs had players that received a whole lot more.

If you’re making the argument that cheating doesn’t matter but having legal counsel to help you cheat the system does, then you’re reinforcing the argument that the NCAA doesn’t care about cheating, but rather who it is that is doing it.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Was it the NCAA that took away our ACC trophy,

Or the lil girl in the ACC office in Greensboro?

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
NCAA is now treading water with the mob and drug cartels. This USA Today reporter better check under his car before he starts it.

golftango18yankeejuliet

Damn Good Rat

Yes, they told him not to tell the head coach and the player involved because they wanted to jump out from behind a wall and hit Bebe with a baseball bat. 6 to 8 months later, the NCAA called ugag and told them that one of their receivers was under investigation (I think maybe Green) and that they were coming to athens the next week to interview him. They told ugag to inform him of the investigation and for him to have a lawyer present. Again, they said to tell the player and for the player's lawyer to be there.